Ew, yeah, I forgot about the whole “when you don’t run for a long time and then start running again your legs are really sore” thing. I woke up this morning, got out of bed to turn off the alarm and realized “OW, my legs hurt.” So I gave myself a day off and went back to bed. The end.
I’ll resume normal workout activities tomorrow, promise!
Since there’s not workout to yammer on about, this post is going to be random tangents about my upcoming vacay to Sanibel Island.
1) I’m a little bit nervous about 4 days of laying in the sun. I’m sure you’re like, “um why?” It’s because I am the whitest, palest person you will ever meet, and when I’m out in the sun for more than an hour I have a tendency to fry in weird places (think splotchy). This is even when I’m wearing 80 SPF. So I’m always apprehensive about being out in the sun for too long. I do my due diligence and apply lots and lots of sunscreen, but sometimes it doesn’t seem to work for me. What’s up with that? So I’m going to be extra careful this year and reapply often and liberally. Because last year’s burn was a travesty – but I blame spray sunscreen for last year.
2) Because of said paleness, I have been slathering on the self tanner this week. I don’t want to blind anyone in Sanibel when I take off my beach cover up. It seems to be working. I’m now a nice shade of light beige, which is an improvement from whitest white. I don’t use full on self tanner because that stuff scares me and makes me look unnaturally “tan” (but not really). I use the gradual stuff. This Banana Boat Sunless Color stuff is my fave!
3) Because of said self tanning, I stink. All the time. Why does self tanner smell so funky? Wait, don’t answer that, I probably don’t want to know what it’s doing to my body. I feel like I have to apologize to people who sit next to me because I smell so weird. Seriously, what is that smell? Ugh. Aaand now I can smell myself and it’s starting turn my stomach. Bleh.
4) I finished my 4th Nook book in 2 months last night. The Nook makes me a reading machine. I bought a new Nook book to read on the beach, aptly titled The Beach Club (by Elin Hilderbrand). It sounds like the perfect “beach read.” Can’t wait to start it. She doesn’t write a bad book – I’ve read most of hers, all excellent.
5) We’re going to a restaurant called The Bubble Room while we’re in Sanibel. You might have heard of it from when this gal went there. (One day I’m going to bump into Julie in Sanibel and it will make my life. I just love her.) It’s cray cray there. Like tchotchkies threw up crazy. The décor is so off the wall, but they have the bestest thing there, it’s called Bubble Bread and it’s this giant piece of cheesy garlicky yummy bread (you can see a pic of it in Julie’s post). I am toying with just having Bubble Bread as my dinner. And dessert. The rest of the menu is just “eh”, but the Bubble Bread is the best.
6) I still haven’t packed for the weekend yet. Not that I pack a ton – shorts, bathing suit, cover up, done. It’s the other stuff that I want to make sure I don’t forget like Nook (duh), iPod, running clothes, food from our pantry for breakfasts and snacks. We stay in a condo that has a full kitchen, so we always end up buying food down there which is super expensive because there is one grocery store on the island (Jerry’s) and it’s muy expensivo. This year I plan to clear out our pantry and take it with us. Economical, and I won’t miss a meal. Yes!
7) Hubs has started his own RWRunStreak thing. He originally wanted to run 1 mile a day, every day between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Well, he didn’t start on Memorial Day, he started on Tuesday and ran a mile. On Wednesday he was too sore to do anything, so he skipped a day. He’s now modified his streak to run a mile every other day. So, I told him that we HAD to go out and run (or walk for me) on the beach or around Sanibel at least once during our vacay. Usually we are uber lazy when we are there, and I always look at it as a missed opportunity to run on the beach or a pretty tropical locale (since we don’t live anywhere near a beach). So this year we are doing it! (stay tuned to see if we actually do it)
|PowerPoint is fun|
OK, now I must stop daydreaming about the beach and get to work. GAH! Have a fabulous day!
Questions for you …
- Have you ever run on the beach?
- Do you tan easily?