Friday, July 5, 2013

Fun Fourth


Hello!  First things first - new hair?  

BEFORE

AFTER
Check.


4th of July Watermelon 5K?  

Red face - 4th of July themed
Check.

Awesome 4th of July in Celebration?  

"I'm red, white and cute!"
Check.

It was a good day!  But it started uber early.


I had to meet up with Amanda at 6:30 for the 7:00am race.  I don’t know what it is, but it’s 10 times easier to get up and out the door super early on the day of a race than it is to get up and out the door super early on a regular day.  Must be the adrenaline from the excitement of the race?  I dunno.  




We got there and walked around a bit before lining up at the start line.


Mmm, post race watermelon

The location of the Watermelon 5K changed this year.  After probably a decade (that I’ve been running it)  of it being at its original location, it moved to swanky Park Avenue in Winter Park, which is the site of a lot of 5Ks and 10Ks.  I love the routes around Winter Park and this course was super nice and shaded (thank God because it was HOT).  

Our race team was down to a sad two this year - just me and Amanda.


Everyone else putzed out.  Boo.  But Michele and her daughter Bella did meet up with us later for breakfast.  More on that later.


The race - it was awesome, as always.  I realized during the race that I need to run more 5Ks, because I love them.  They’re quick and easy and just make me feel like I’ve accomplished something great after I’m done.  I did 2/2 intervals and that was perfection for me.  It felt so good, it wasn’t too long to run, it wasn’t too long to walk, it was just right.   I kept it up throughout the whole race and felt really good.  My heel was still bothering me while walking on it, but when I was running I barely noticed it.  So that’s good.  
I had put some 4th of July themed songs on my playlist and really wanted to hear Firework by Katy Perry and was bummed that it didn’t pop up in the rotation.  But then, just as I rounded the corner and saw the finish line it started playing.  Perfect!  

On the good side of the finish line
All in all, another fabulous Watermelon 5K.  I am so so glad we make this a 4th of July tradition every year.  


Afterwards we met up with Michele and Bella at IHOP for yummy breakfast (the best part of race day).

I'll have one of each

M and B
It was a great time!

The rest of the day was spent at home comfy on the couch watching a 24 marathon.  Because nothing says God bless America like Jack Bauer.


Hubs and I have been watching the series on Netflix streaming for the last few months and I can safely say that it scares the sh-- out of me.  I hope to God that stuff like that doesn’t happen in real life, but sadly I think it might.  Shivers.  


Anyway, around 4:30 we headed out to Celebration to see Jordyn perform.


It was a great show and during her finale (she sang Firework - the song of the day apparently) it started to pour.  Good timing, but bummer that it rained.  So we packed it up and headed home to watch more 24.  (we’re kind of obsessed)


All in all, great day!  

Today I am off of work and have just been chillin’ with Jillian.  I just completed Workout B of Tina’s BBB and it was a doozy.  All arms.  My arms are kind of shaking right now.  It was good stuff though!!  

Alright, time to feed Jillian.  We’re eating sweet potatoes today.  Woohoo!

How was your 4th?  Any fans of 24 out there?  

4 comments:

  1. Love your hair!! SO CUTE!! P.S. Jeff and I may be coming to Orlando at the end of the year - please tell us some MUST SEES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAH!!! I miss your blog!!! So glad to hear from you! Ooh fun, a trip to Orlando... let's see, some must sees (outside of Disney of course) - hmm, I don't know, what are you in the mood to do outside of theme parks and outlet malls? Give me some ideas so I can narrow the search and give some good advice. :)

      Delete
    2. I am back at it! As of two days ago but it's a start.

      Hmmmm - I LOVE good food, wine, beer, etc so if there are any restaurants we HAVE TO GO TO!! please let me know! I also like outdoor adventures. Are there any hikes / bike trips / boating adventures you would suggest? I will take whatever you can give me!

      Delete
  2. That race looks FUN! and I love the new hair!

    ReplyDelete