Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reindeer Run 2013

Well howdy!  How are you?  It's Sunday night and sadly another weekend has flown by.  Why is time passing by so fast?  It's crazy!  I had a great weekend, despite still dealing with residual phlegm and hoarseness from earlier this week. Eh, I'll live.  

The Reindeer Run was a big success and I had a blast and kind of surprised myself a bit.  I mentioned that it might be cool out for the run - nay.  It was 72 degrees and humid at the 7:15 start time, so it didn't feel very Christmasy, but I still dressed up like it was Christmasy.



I had to.  When else can I rock those knee socks and that Christmas tree headgear?  


I had no expectations or plans for the race.  I was going to set my interval app for the race and do 2/1's but I decided to just fly by the seat of my pants and see how I felt.  I didn't think I'd run much, but I did.  I ran way more than I thought I would, at longer intervals than I have run in a while.  Wow?  Nothing consistent, I ran til I got tired and then walked until I got bored.  I kind of shocked myself, in a good way.  

This race, if I didn't mention before, was at Sea World (interesting timing given the whole Blackfish controversy) and the course took you all through the park.  It's a fun race, and really more of a sight seeing race than anything else (everyone stops at the dolphin pool to just gaze at them playing or to take pics). I had to stop and take a pic of the flamingos, because why not?  What other race do you see flamingos along the course?


Overall, it was a great race, and kind of renewed my faith in my running, since I haven't run in a while. 


Tomorrow it's back to T25, although, I kind of would like to go for a run.  But I'd like to at least finish out the Alpha set of DVDs before I go and do something else.  I do have to start half marathon training here sometime soon - the Princess Half is February 23rd and will be here before I know it.  Yikes.  I need a plan.

Alright, that's all for me.  We are gearing up in our household tonight for some fab TV - Psych the Musical (!!) and the season finale of Total Divas (yes, we watch that shlock and I truly hate that I love it).  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment