Friday, February 21, 2014

Expo Fun

Last night I went out to the Disney Princess Half Marathon expo to pick up my race packet. 


This is probably one of my favorite parts about doing these races.  Seriously.  I love the feeling and the energy and the excitement when you go and pick up your bib.  You’re surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people who are just as excited and crazy as you are and you just feel bonded with those people.  I haven’t been that excited about my impending race, but after last night, I’m pretty pumped! 

I thought by going out to the expo on Thursday it would be less crowded.  Nay.  It was a zoo, but I did get in and out pretty quickly.  I even had a little bit of time to shop around.  Hubs and Jillian were waiting outside for me (no strollers in the expo) so I had to shop fast.  I saw these shirts that I was tempted to buy…



Fun!  I wasn’t really looking to buy anything, but I had fun just perusing the booths to see if there was anything worthy of spending money on.  There wasn’t anything I couldn’t live without.

I rocked my “Will run for Diet Coke” shirt and so many people came up to me and were like “where did you get that shirt!?!?” and “I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!”  One lady actually asked if she could take a picture of me and my shirt to send to her friend.  Definitely a hit.  I will be wearing it again at my next race expo for sure, haha.  And if you’re wondering, my shirt actually came from Amanda’s Spreadshirt shop on her blog.  She also has one that says “Pass me I’m a slow runner.”  Love!

So that’s it.  Got my packet, got my bib, I’m ready to run…er, walk…run / walk. 


The verdict is still out on how much running there will be.  I have a 3am wake up call for Sunday morning which I am dreading so badly you don’t even know.  The worst part of a Disney Half Marathon – waking up in the middle of the night because the race starts SO EARLY (5:30am).  Grr. 

Talk to you when it’s all over!!!

How about you … Do you enjoy race expos?  What’s the earliest you’ve had to wake up for a race? 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! Hope the weather is good and you have fun!
    I love race expos. Gives me a chance to see all the new stuff out there. It's also fun to get into the racing spirit.
    Earliest wake up: 3am for a Disney race.
    Craziest race: Inaugural Goofy Challenge!! Loved it, but I don't know if my knees would ever let me do it again.

    ReplyDelete