Saturday, April 12, 2014

Funk

Seriously, it’s been since Tuesday since we’ve chatted?  Aah!  It’s been a crazy week!  I have had blog topics going through my head all week, but I never actually had a chance to type them out.  Today I finally have some down time, so here I am!

So I realized that it was April – about two weeks into the month – and I thought about some goals to set for the month.  And then I laughed because I have been so bad at sticking to goals lately.  But still I thought it would be fun (read: funny) to recap my March goals that never really came to fruition. 

Goal 1 was – EXERCISE COMEBACK  #348685
This didn’t happen.  It did a little bit, towards the end of the month when I got back on the T25 bandwagon, but not as much as I was hoping this month.  I blame traveling two weeks in a row and work being so dang busy.  Yeah, I blame work.  And I shouldn’t because that’s dumb.  I only have myself to blame. 

Goal 2 was – POUND THE PAVEMENT
Walking, running, getting my steps in every day.  I kind of did this.  Some days I got the amount of steps I wanted/needed, and some days I didn’t .  You heard about my giant push the last week of the month to get the amount of steps I needed to get my gym reimbursement, so I did this to some extent. 

Goal 3 was – BRING MY LUNCH
I did do this!  Mainly because I have been so busy at work that I didn’t have time to go out for lunch on days I was in the office.  Win win? 

So, what’s my plan this month (now that it’s already mid-month)?  I’m going to get back on track.  I did T25 four times this week, but I still feel a little unmotivated and just in a funk about exercise.  I need to do something to get myself excited again, to make exercise a top priority in my life, to get motivated again.  Some ideas:

- Get back to the gym a couple times a week to supplement T25 – it has been far too long since I’ve visited a treadmill or an elliptical machine

- Do some new workouts – I just discovered fitnessblender.com, so cool!

- Push ups every day – this is so easy to do, drop and do 10 anywhere, but yet I don’t do it

- Steps, steps, steps – I really really want to get in at least 7,000 a day.  Why is this so hard?!

So that’s the plan from here on.  I need to get back on the wagon.  I have said this so many times, and I’m tired of talking about it.  It’s time to make working out priority again.  Yay!


How about you … What are your fitness goals this month?  What are ways you stay motivated to work out?  I need tips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment