Thursday, May 15, 2014

Exercise is GOOD

I got back on the workout wagon this week and man, do I feel better.  

I hadn't worked out since vacation almost two weeks ago because I was just super lazy and didn't feel like getting out of bed to workout (dumb).  And by the end of last week I felt sluggish and just icky.  I knew this week I had to do something to remedy this.

I started back on my T25 workouts this week and man do I feel good.  Exercise is just good.  It's good for your body, it's good for your mind, your mood, stress, it's just a great thing.  And when I come back to exercise after being away for a while I always wonder why I stopped doing it.  

I know I say this a lot because I waver on exercise all the time - sometimes I'm all in and gung-ho and then sometimes life just gets in the way and it doesn't happen.  I just need to remember how it feels to complete a workout during those times where I'm wavering on getting up and working out (that's the hardest part when your alarm is going off and you are snug in bed).

I've been thinking about the type of exercise I do a lot lately.  As you know, I used to be a runner.  That's what I did for exercise, I ran and walked, that was it.  But over time my exercise tastes have changed and now running isn't the center focus, which is okay.  For me, I feel like getting a more overall workout is better for me right now, which is what T25 is doing for me - I get crazy cardio and strength training all in a cute little 25-minute package.  I burn more calories and get my heart rate up way higher in those 25 minutes than I ever did on an hour long run (cuz I run so slow), so that is good.  

I am going to get back to running, because I miss it.  I read a lot of running blogs, and hearing people going for a "long run" makes me miss that a little bit.  So, that's on the docket, eventually.  And I do have my next half marathon in sight - the Celebration Half Marathon in January.  Hello, Celebration, my favorite running place ever?  Sign me up!  

Alright, that's all I've got.  Just wanted to share with you my thoughts on exercise and getting back in the saddle.  

How about you… Do you ever get in an exercise funk?  How do you get out of it?  Do you run?

1 comment:

  1. At your recommendation, I gave Stitch Fix a try. Just got my first one and was pleased with some of the items. Hated one blouse and the dress. The pattern on the blouse is one I would never wear (kind of a mix of colors in a chevron type print). The dress was too big and the skirt flaired way too much. Made me took really hippy, which is not my favorite thing. The animal print scarf was fabulous, as were the skinny jeans and the grey sweater. I only kept the skinny jeans and the sweater. Couldn't afford all of it, so kept the must haves. A cheaper version of the scarf would be nice. Overall, very impressed with it. I had to make some adjustments to my style profile to accommodate for the dress sizing and pricing (dress was $168..eek!). Anyway, thank you for the recommendation. Got a couple of cute items that I wouldn't normally pick for myself. Best part of the jeans was that they were super comfortable!!!

    ReplyDelete