Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Ran Today!

For the first time in ... oh, since the Princess Half Marathon in February ... I ran!! 

Scary post-Princess medal shot

I didn't run fast (obviously), I didn't run far, I didn't run long, but I ran! And it felt amazing! 

Since I have been a lazy lima bean for far too long now (like 4 weeks now, shame) I decided that today was the day I was going to bring the exercise back into my life. I wasn't sure I was ready to just jump right back in to T25 again, out of fear that I might pass out and die, so I started slow with an outside walk. 

Oh how I have missed the morning outside walk/run. OMG, it so beautiful outside at dawn. It's cool(ish), it's quiet, it's peaceful, the sun is just peeking up - it was just me, my music and my thoughts. I have missed this. 

I set out on just a walk because I just wanted to move. But about half a mile into my walk I decided to try and pump it up to a jog, just to see if I remembered how. I did! And it felt good. No ankle pain, no feeling like I was going to keel over, I just ran. I didn't run a pre-determined specified amount of time (a la intervals), I just ran until I didn't feel like running anymore and then I walked, and then I ran some more, and then I walked. I did that for 30 minutes. 

And I'm gonna do it again tomorrow!  I'm back!!!  

How about you ... Did you run or exercise today?

No comments:

Post a Comment