Monday, June 30, 2014

They Moved My Gym!

Hi there! Happy Monday! I hope your Monday started on the right foot.  Mine did - with a  T25 Cardio workout that really woke me up.  Wooha! 

This weekend was good and productive and then also lazy - the perfect kind of weekend.

On Saturday I got up "weekday early" so that I could go out for a walk/tun and complete my fifth T25 workout of the week - Ab Intervals. I knew just doing abs wouldn't be enough of a workout for a Saturday, so I combined it with a walk/run and that did the trick! Good stuff!  By 9am I had a worked out, showered, fed Jillian, started laundry and cleaned her room. Nice!

All of that productiveness led to an afternoon of sitting around. Hubs and I finally got out to the movies - our first since March - to see 22 Jump Street. I'm not sure what I was looking forward to most - the movie itself, 2 hours of Channing Tatum or the gargantuan popcorn and Diet Coke we devoured during the movie.  In the end it was ALL good.



The rest of the evening was spent with Hubs' parents (they babysat Jillian - who actually napped the whole time we were gone!) grilling out and visiting.  Nice Saturday night!

Sunday it was too dang hot to do anything, so we didn't.  The most I did was go grocery shopping.  On my way shopping I passed by my gym - you know the gym I haven't been to since August 2013? - and I realized that it wasn't there.  Say what?  They moved my gym!  After I passed by, I frantically got on Google to find out what happened to my gym.  The address appeared the same on the website, but there was no sign and I didn't see it in the strip mall that it's normally in. 

A little background on my gym - it was a really crappy gym.  Not the gym company per se, but the physical location.  It was in a really tiny space and all of the equipment was on top of each other and everything was just really out of date.  Not cool for a gym company that is extremely well known across the US and has some really high tech and fancy locations nearby.  I always thought "why is our location so crappy and all the other ones are so nice?"  Whatever, it got the job done, but I like nice, new, shiny gyms.  Well, now my gym is NICE.  And shiny. 

On my way back from shopping I went back to the strip mall where my gym used to live and voila, there it was in a brand new, giant space.  I didn't go in (because I'm ashamed ... and I wasn't wearing workout gear), but I drove by and it looks NICE.  About 3 times the size of the other space.  So now I'm going to have to go and check it out.  I wonder if I have to tell them that I haven't been there in a YEAR when I go back?  "Hi, yeah, I haven't been here in about a year.  I didn't even know you moved."  Embarrassing.  Thank goodness I get reimbursed for my gym membership by my company, or else that would really be sad.

Anyway, that was my weekend in a nutshell.  This week is a 3-day week for me!  I have Thursday off and we're heading down to my parents' house for the holiday weekend.  Should be fun.  Lots of swimming for Jillian!  Hope your Monday is going well.


How about you ... What did you do this weekend?  Do you belong to a fancy gym?  Or one that just gets the job done?

No comments:

Post a Comment