Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Workout Decision Made

(Ugh, I started typing this early this morning and it just got buried throughout the day!) 

As I mentioned last week, I’ve been at a quandary lately about what I want to do for working out.  Do I want to get back into running (eh), do I want to focus on T25 or Insanity or something like that, or do I want to get back to the gym (that I haven’t set foot in since last August – yes, really)?  And this question literally nags me every day.  It’s so dumb, it’s like “just get up and do something, stop thinking so much about it!” – but I do.

Last week I went for a few walk/runs and they were great, but I didn’t feel like I got a great workout when I was done.  It was a good thing to get me back in the working out mood, but I just didn’t feel like it was a good enough workout – something that makes me go “woo, that kicked my butt!” at the end. 

As I’ve mentioned before, I am a super huge fan of Beachbody workouts - namely Insanity and T25 (I’m a sucker for Shaun T).  I feel like I get a good mix of strength and cardio from each workout, I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest (the sign of a really good workout) and they WORK (hello, tone).  And as you know I’ve been dabbling in T25 for a while now and I know that if I want to get in shape quick, I should do this.



So I am.  I did day one (Cardio) of the Alpha series this morning and damn, I felt good.  I felt like I was going to pass out at times, but in a good way.  At the end I thought to myself, “now THAT’S a workout.”  And I was so motivated afterwards I also did my 7 Minute Workout app and Daily Duo as well.  So I think this is going to be my focus for a while (ha, no pun intended).  Get my cardio and strength back, then I’ll work on the running. 

So, yay, I made a decision.


How about you … Anyone ever do T25?  Insanity?  P90X? (we have P90X, but it’s scary!)  Any other Beachbody workouts out there that you’ve tried?  

No comments:

Post a Comment