Thursday, July 10, 2014

A New Race

So I signed up for a race yesterday!  No, I haven’t been running and the thought of a half marathon makes me a little anxious, so I decided to sign up for a 10K.  Last year, the Disney Princess half marathon introduced a 10K to the weekend, and it sold out in like 10 seconds.  I was so bummed because I love a 10K, and a Disney Princess 10K, hello. 

So this year I found out that there is a perk for Disney Annual Passholders … we get to register for Disney races a week ahead of everyone else.  How did I not know about this before?!  Yesterday the pre-registration opened and I got in.  Woohoo!  Now here’s hoping Amanda and Michele can get registered when registration for everyone else opens on Tuesday.  I told them to log on at noon on Tuesday to get in, because the 10K will sell out super fast, and I don’t want to run it alone. 

Last year's Princess with Amanda
Tower of Terror 10 Miler with Michele
I think we are going to have to get cool matching shirts again!!  

Exciting.  Now I just need to start running again… ?

On that note, I logged in another day of T25 – my third this week.  I am starting to feel really good and strong.  These workouts are the bomb.  I’m even getting used to waking up earlier – like I’m waking up before my alarm, yikes.  I guess that’s a good thing. 

Alright, I gotta jam.  So much to do.  Our office is moving to a new location tomorrow (more on this later) and I have lots of packing to do amidst the mountain of work to do, argh.  Have a super Thursday!


How about you … Anyone planning on running the Disney Princess 5K/10K/Half Marathon in 2015?  

No comments:

Post a Comment