Friday, July 11, 2014

Random Fact Friday

Happy Friday!  I’m working from home today because today is moving day for our office and they told us to stay away.  Nice.

It’s a little bittersweet.  While I am excited about having a new office to go to starting on Monday, I have been going to work in the same place for 14 years.  14 years!  Gosh, that makes me sound (and feel) really old!


As I walked in to the office yesterday, I snapped this pic.  Aww. 

So it’s Friday and that means it’s random fact Friday, so here we go…

- It’s July 11th, 7/11, that means go get your FREE SLURPEE today at 7-11! 


- I am NOT a Lebron James fan at all, but I am just dying to know where he’s going to end up – Miami or Cleveland.  Hurry up Lebron, the world is waiting for you to speak!!


- Yesterday I totally bought the People magazine with all of Jessica Simpson’s wedding photos.  I’m sorry, I hate to admit it, but I just love her.


- As I mentioned the other day, I signed up for the Disney Princess 10K during a special annual passholder preview.  For giggles, I decided to go back out to the passholders website to see how the race was shaping up.  The 10K is already 50% sold out and the Glass Slipper Challenge (5K, 10K and Half) is sold out.  Wow!  I really hope that they only allow a certain number of spots for passholders and that’s what is sold out, and not the whole thing is sold out during the pre-registration.  Otherwise there would be a lot of pissed off people on Tuesday when registration opens to everyone.  Sheesh, I remember when you could register for this race like a couple of months before the race and have no problems.  Crazy how big these have gotten. 

- Speaking of Disney races, Hubs and I were talking last night about how many races they now have at Disneyland.  We did the inaugural Disneyland Half Marathon back in 2007 and that was the only one.  Now they have the Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half, Star Wars Half and then the Disneyland Half.  That’s more half marathons than they have here - here we have Disney World, Princess and Wine and Dine (Tower is not a half).  He also jokingly said “we should do them all one year.”  Haha, that intrigues me, but at the same time gives me a slight panic attack as well.  Lots of those are close together date-wise!  Not to mention the travel back and forth.  Here’s some fun pics from that inaugural race.

The Disneyland castle is so puny

California Adventure


Alright, that’s all I’ve got.  Hope your Friday is going well and that you have a fab weekend! 


How about you … Have you ever run a Disney race?  Any dreams to do one?  Which one would you like to do?  

1 comment:

  1. I love Disney races. LOVE, Love, love! I think I might bite the bullet and register for the 10k today. It's crazy to see how fast they sell out now.

    ReplyDelete