Thursday, August 7, 2014

Disney Dining Review: Shutters at Old Port Royale at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

On Saturday night Hubs and I embarked on our fourth Disney dining experience using our Tables in Wonderland membership.  I am glad we are taking advantage of our membership and actually using it.  We had "TIW" years ago and rarely used it, so I am glad to see we are getting our money’s worth this time.  Granted we are spending a lot of money on Saturday night dinners, but we’re eating well and it’s always fun to have a nice “dinner date” to look forward to throughout the week.

Anyway…

On Saturday night we had reservations at Shutters at Old Port Royale at Disney’s Caribbean BeachResort, and it was excellent!  Shutters was located in the Old Port Royale area of the resort (where the food court and main pool is) and offers nice “island” ambiance. 



(not my pics, I didn’t take any … such a bad blogger)

The restaurant offered “American favorites with an island flare.”  There were lots of great items on the menu with island flare, but once I heard the special was a char-grilled NY strip with chimichurri, I knew that’s what I had to order.  I never pass on anything with chimichurri.  (the mention of chimichurri gets me excited for Food and Wine Festival…mmm)  And it came with a smoked gouda and chorizo mac and cheese, which, hello, sounded like a winner (and was!) and asparagus (which I actually ate!).  Hubs also opted for a steak – a ribeye served with sweet potato and carrot frites and broccolini. YUM!

Everything was excellent.  I ate everything on my plate (even the asparagus!) and so did Hubs.  And then we ordered dessert.  This time we opted to share a slice of vanilla cheesecake with banana caramel sauce, brulee bananas, and pecan brittle.  I’m not a huge cheesecake fan, but this was good.  Definitely a good way to end a great meal. 

At the end of the meal we ended up saving around $15 with our Tables in Wonderland discount (I don’t have a definite amount because Hubs lost the receipt, oops), so that's another good chunk of change we saved that we can add to our spreadsheet – bonus! 

Afterwards we walked around the resort to walk off some of our dinner and to let Jillian roam.  She’s been so good at all of these fancy restaurants – she’s a trooper and she’s been eating pretty well herself!

All in all, great night out.  I would probably rank this dinner among the top two of the restaurants we’ve been to so far (Olivia’s is still my top spot). 


You can read about our previous Disney dining outings with our Tables in Wonderland membership by clicking below:

No comments:

Post a Comment