Thursday, August 14, 2014

Disney Dining Review: Trail's End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness

This past Saturday night we enjoyed another Disney dining experience with our Tables in Wonderland membership, this time out at Fort Wilderness.  Fort Wilderness, for those who don’t know, is actually a campground on Disney property where people can bring their RVs, campers, etc. and stay.  They also have cabins that can be rented.  It’s a neat little area and there is a really nice common area where all of the restaurants, water sports and recreation areas are.  It’s pretty cool and makes you feel like you are at a resort in the Catskills and not at Disney World.

yeah we weren't ready for the picture

We dined at the Trail’s End Restaurant which is an all you care to eat buffet that featured all kinds of “homestyle” dishes like fried chicken, BBQ pork, brisket, cornbread, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, etc etc.  It was all sorts of delicious and we ate way too much.  Even Jillian sampled some of the deliciousness.


The restaurant itself was really small and there wasn’t much to it.  The buffet was also pretty small, so there was oftentimes a line for food, but the yumminess of the food made up for that.  I tried pretty much everything and decided that my favorite was a baked mac n cheese, which I ate a lot of.  Hubs’ favorite was the chili, which was delish too, and I’m not even a big chili fan. 

They also had some awesome desserts – also all you care to eat.  They had apple cobbler, bread pudding, banana pudding, cakes and cookies and then to top it off, DIY soft serve ice cream.  Wowee.  I didn’t even know what to do with myself there was so much deliciousness.  I tried it all.  Hence the reason they had to roll me out of there.  Yum. 

Afterwards we walked around the beautiful grounds and Jillian met a horse!



She also got to play on the playground for a little bit. 



All in all, we had a great experience at Trail’s End.  We would definitely go back because the food was great.


This weekend:  Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney’s Boardwalk.  Apparently it is closing soon, so we wanted to get in there before it did.

How about you ... Anyone ever been to Trail's End?  Kouzzina?  

2 comments:

  1. I've done Kouzzina for dinner. Lasagna was amazing!

    Every time I read another one of your posts I end up telling my boyfriend that we have to renew our passes at the end of this month because of all the food. The glorious food! He likes to remind me that most of my favorite restaurants are in hotels, not the parks, and so we don't need a pass still eat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, just do Tables in Wonderland, then you can enjoy the 20% off! But, you should get your passes. I can't imagine life without ours. Seriously. :)

      Delete