Thursday, August 28, 2014

Disney Dining Review: Turf Club bar and Grill

On Saturday night we put our Tables in Wonderland membership to use again and visited Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. 


Saratoga Springs has a couple of eateries on property – The Artist’s Palette, which is a quick service restaurant, and Turf Club Bar and Grill, which is where we ate. Turf Club was located near the golf club and had that “country club” kind of vibe. 



The menu offered classic American cuisine and had items such as free range chicken, root beer brined pork chops and a selection of steak and fish dishes as well.  Good menu!  We decided to start our meal with an appetizer.  I have not yet learned that you should never order an appetizer, because I always eat way too much and end up feeling sick at the end of the meal.  No good.  But… they had a buffalo chicken dip on the menu that sounded really yummy, so we got that.  And it did not disappoint.  Until later than night when I was miserable because I ate too much.

After that, we ordered our entrees.  I stuck with the Crispy Free Range Chicken, which was a bone-in chicken (it was huge).  It was good, but lacked salt which made it taste a little blah.  Hubs ordered the interesting sounding Root Beer Brined Pork Chop and it was really good.

Overall the restaurant was just okay.  The food was good and the service was good, but the ambiance just wasn’t really there.  I didn’t really feel like I was at a “Disney restaurant,” which I know you’re not always supposed to notice the pixie dust, but still, it was just okay.

After dinner we walked around the common areas of Saratoga Springs and checked out the pool. 



They had a great pool that made me want to go on vacation! Or at least jump in!

This weekend my aunt will be here from Chicago, so my parents are coming up and we are all going to Whispering Canyon, a restaurant at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.  It’s actually a favorite among our family – we celebrated my high school graduation dinner there way back in the 90s!  Fun times!


How about you … Ever been to Whispering Canyon?  How about Turf Club? 

No comments:

Post a Comment