Friday, August 8, 2014

Random Fact Friday

Happy Friday!  It’s time for some Friday randomness.  Eh, who am I kidding, this blog is always pretty random. 

- I did another mid-afternoon workout yesterday.  Took Jillian for a walk and then conquered the Rip't Circuit T25 DVD. I'm liking the mid-afternoon workouts on days I work at home.  It might have to become a thing....as long as work stays slow.  Ha.

- Have I ever mentioned that I have a love/hate relationship with Costco?  I love the idea of Costco – bulk food, cheap prices, the ability to buy 62 Pop Tarts at once – it’s kind of a dream.  But I hate how crowded Costco always is.  I get so annoyed by the people moseying around with their giant carts not having a clue when I just want to get in and get out.  It drives me bonkers. So I have vowed to never ever ever go on a weekend again, and it made me love Costco again.  Hubs and I now only go to Costco on weekday nights and it’s a dream come true.  We went on Tuesday night after work and there were maybe 10 other people in the entire place.  Paradise.  We walked up and down every single aisle, moseyed at our own pace, and bought a bunch of crap we didn’t need.  It was fabulous. 

Jillian loves her mac n cheese.  She doesn't look excited in this pic, but she was.  Look at that empty aisle!

- I bought a Clarisonic!  (you’d know this if you followed me on Instagram – kerrys99) I have been eyeing a Clarisonic for a while now, but was hung up on the price tag.  After doing extensive research (I always have to research something for like 6 months before I make a decision to spend the money - because I’m weird, and cheap), I decided that it was time for me to splurge and just buy it.  I got the Mia2.  For those who don’t know, a Clarisonic is a facial brush that cleanses your skin so squeaky clean and eliminates all of the makeup, dirt, dead skills cells, etc so that your facial products work better.  It sounds dumb, but it’s really fabulous.  I read dozens of reviews and everyone says it’s a life changer and well worth the money.  So I bought it and used it on Wednesday night and yeah, it’s definitely awesome.  My skin has never felt cleaner or softer.  Seriously. 



- While I was in Ulta shopping for my new toy, a woman came up to me holding a Clarisonic saying that she saw me with one and decided she had to get one too.  Aw that was nice.  She then asked me if I had my knees replaced.  Which was extremely bizarre.  She said she noticed that I was walking with a slight limp and that I had a similar gait to hers, and she had had both of her knees replaced and was wondering if I had had mine done.  I told her no and then explained my situation with my accident, physical therapy, etc.  (click here if you’re like “what is she talking about?”)  She was extremely nice and we had a lovely conversation, but it made me angry at myself for letting my physical therapy slip so far away that my limp was that noticeable.  I know it’s something I am going to deal with for the rest of my life, but still, I have exercises and things I can do to strengthen my left hip/leg so that my limp isn’t as noticeable, so why not just do it? 

- Wednesday night I met up with Amanda for dinner.  We started talking about the brand new Trader Joes that opened up in town.  Yes, Orlando just now got their first Trader Joes, kind of crazy it took this long.  They built it in a weird spot that doesn’t have a ton of parking, and apparently it is so busy that there is usually a line just to get into the parking lot.  So, like Costco, we decided to hit it up on a weeknight.  We parked with no problems and the store wasn’t that crowded. 


It was my very first time in a Trader Joes and I have to say, I was just kind of “meh” about it.  It’s a grocery store, a small little grocery store.  I read about all of the fabulous things you can buy there, but nothing really jumped off the shelf at me saying “buy me!”  Maybe if I went another time and was in the mood to shop for food I would be excited, but overall I was just kind of like “is this it?”  However, there was one item that did sing to me a little bit and that was the Cookie Butter.

The "Crunchy" is superior to the "Creamy"

We had a sample, and oh my goodness, it was delicious.  I asked the person giving samples what you put it on and he said, you just eat it.  That just signaled total danger in my mind.  I could just see myself taking a spoon to the jar and eating it all in one sitting.  So I didn’t buy any.  Although, it was incredibly delicious.  I think it would be killer on a graham cracker.  Again, dangerous.

- On Sunday Jillian and I am embarking on a mini-vacation down to my parents’ house for a few days.  I had some vacation time to burn, so I thought it would be fun to go down to Clearwater and do fun things like the beach, the pool, the zoo and spend time with grandma and grandpa.  I am looking forward to it, we’ll be having some fun!  

2 comments:

  1. That Trader Joes is the WORST for parking! But I will overlook it since I am seriously happy we finally have one. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete