Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Getting Back in the Swing

So last week I decided that I was going to get my butt up and out of bed so that I could end a horrible streak of exercise-free weeks.  Four exercise weeks to be exact.  Ugh.  

I committed myself to some T25 workouts to get me back into the swing of things before I started on my InsaniT25 program.  I'm still kind of questioning my ability to complete that, because I remember how insanely hard those Insanity workouts are (hence the name).  But I gotta try. 


Getting back into the T25 workouts wasn't easy, but I made it without keeling over.  I completed the Alpha series Cardio, Speed 1.0, Total Body Circuit and Lower Focus workouts over the course of the week.  The lower focus one kind of killed me.  I hadn't done a lunge or a squat in over a month, so I was hurting after that one - in a good way of course. 

Getting back into this made me feel strong and made me feel like I was doing something great for myself.  All things I need to think about before I go and take a four week hiatus from working out.  So dumb.  Knowing that my body hadn't done much in those four weeks I took it easy my first week back so that I didn't break a hip or keel over, so that was smart on my part.  This week though, watch out, I'm ready for more.

In addition to the T25 workouts, I have also made it a mission to get my arms back.  No, they didn't leave my body, but they have gotten somewhat soft over the last month after not lifting a single weight (unless you count 26 lb Jillian as a weight).  So before my T25 workout I do 20 of each - bicep curls, front shoulder raises, reverse flyes, tricep dips and push ups.  By the end of that it feels like my arms are going to fall off.  In a good way, of course.  (?)

So that's my story, I'm back in it and I'm feeling good.  Looking forward to seeing how this week shapes up!  So far so good!

How about you ... How do you get back into the swing of things after taking a break?  Do you go all in, or do you ease into it?  


No comments:

Post a Comment