Sunday, September 21, 2014

Here I Come

It has been a really long time since the last time I worked out.  4 weeks.  That’s like a month.  That’s not okay.  

Getting back into a workout routine after taking time off is never easy.  Trust me, I know, I do this a lot (take long periods off of working out - I know, so stupid).  So I’ve been thinking about how I want to get back into a routine.  Do I want to finish what I started with T25?  I was two weeks shy of completing the 10 week circuit.  Now that I’ve taken a month off, should I even bother?  Should I start my InsaniT25 hybrid thing? 

I decided to be smart about this and not push myself too hard after doing absolutely nothing for so long.  So I have nixed my plan for starting InsaniT25 for a week or two.  Those Insanity workouts are so hard and I need to build myself up to that level before I attempt that.  So I’m gonna go back to what I know, T25, to ease back into things.  It’s hard too, but it’s doable.  

I am really looking forward to getting back to a routine.  I am looking forward to feeling strong again.  I’m looking forward to challenging myself again.  Sleeping in is nice, but having that feeling of accomplishment and that endorphin rush by 7am every morning is so much better.  

Here I come!

How about you … Do you ever fall into workout ruts where you take long periods of time off?  How do you get back into a routine?  

No comments:

Post a Comment