Thursday, October 2, 2014

Disney Dining Review: Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom

This past Sunday we had reservations with our Tables in Wonderland membership at the Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom. 




Liberty Tree Tavern is one of only a handful of restaurants inside Magic Kingdom and it's located in the Liberty Square area. Over by the Liberty Bell.  And that funny little thing that you stick your hands and head through to take a picture. 

No, I don't know those kids.

The pillory. Yeah. I had to look up what that thing was called. In the process I did find this fun article for Disney geeks like me.  

Yeah it's over there. 

Anyway, we had an 11:30 lunch reservation (early birds) so we arrived at the park around 10 and just walked around and enjoyed the gorgeous weather we were having. That's actually a joke. It was so gross and humid, my hair looked like a Brillo pad. No lie. Ugh, I'm so over this hot, humid, rainy month. I feel like we live in a rainforest. 

To get me out of my weather (and bad hair) funk we strolled around the Christmas shop in Liberty Square  because that always puts me in a jolly good mood. The ornaments, the decor, the pine smell they pumped into the store, it instantly put me in the Christmas spirit, even though it was 99 degrees outside. It was lovely. 

After that we had killed enough time to head over to Liberty Tree. Apparently they don't open for lunch until 11:30, so we were literally among the very first people in the entire restaurant, so it was super empty. 


The food at Liberty Tree is described as "traditional New England-inspired fare."  I ordered the "Pilgrim's Feast" which was Thanksgiving on a plate (!!) - turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and greenie beanies. Yum x 4!! I ate everything on my plate (well, minus what Miss Jillian ate off my plate). 


It was all good. Hubs got the pot roast, which was excellent as well. 

Hubs and I have dined here before for dinner. At dinner they serve a "family style" all you care to eat meal which is delicious as well. I remember it was the first time I had ever had parsnips and rutabaga. I didn't know what it was until I asked the server at the end of the meal. Good thing I didn't ask before, otherwise I may not have tried it. (I'm so 6 years old when it comes to trying new food) 

Anyway, lunch or dinner, the Liberty Tree Tavern is fabulous!  Go now!  

How about you ... Have you eaten at Liberty Tree?  

No comments:

Post a Comment