Monday, October 6, 2014

Glorious Weather Happiness

It is a glorious Monday!  (have you ever heard me say that before?) 

I say this because the weather here in Florida finally got cooler, and it’s just delicious!  Highs in the upper 70s, lows in the 60s, I don’t think it’ll last long, but I am soaking up every second of it.  I have all of the doors and windows open in the house to celebrate.  Aaah!

Today’s glorious morning started with a  jog (!!) in the cool, almost cold (I know, I know) weather, so I’m also high on endorphins.  I’ll get into this more later.  And today follows an even more amazing weekend.  It’s just all kinds of happy up in here today.  So let’s talk about the fab weekend shall we?

Friday night was standard procedure – a home cooked dinner with Hubs’ parents and some relaxing on the couch with Miss Jillian. 

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and did my very first Couch to 10K workout.  Yes I did!!  I decided on Friday night that I really wanted to get that started, so I did.  I’m uber proud of myself.  The workout was low key – 30 minutes = 5 minute walking warm up, 20 minutes of walk/run intervals (1 min run, 90 second walk) and then a 5 minute walking cool down.  It was the perfect amount of running and walking for me to get myself back into this running thang.  I didn’t have any problems with the running and it just felt super good to be outside and doing it.  Yay!   Afterwards I did the T25 Upper Focus workout for some arm action. 

The rest of the morning was spent cleaning, organizing and decorating the house for Halloween.  After Jillian went down for her nap, I followed suit and took one myself while Hubs watched a man movie.  And when we all woke up, it was time to take a trip out to Epcot to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. 

Wine!

 It was so, amazingly crowded, but we did manage to get some good eats in Canada and Germany (me and my Riesling wine flight above – yum!) and we caught the tail end of the Starship concert.  Remember them?  OMG, I love love love the song “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” from the movie Mannequin (Andrew McCarthy, Kim Cattrall, one of my top 20 favorite films ever), so I was so stoked to catch that song!! 


It was a great night out and the weather was just perfect. 

Sunday we woke up early and got ready to go back to Epcot because we had a reservation at Via Napoli in Italy.  I’ll be doing my write up for Via Napoli later this week, but I will just say that it was delicious!! 

After lunch, we took a stroll around the world and while we were walking some people came up to us and said “Hey, Mickey is down there and there’s no line.”  At first we had no idea what they were talking about, but then we saw it – Mickey Mouse was tucked away down a long corridor taking pictures, unbeknownst to the mass public, so we jumped on it. 




Such fun!! 

After that we made our way home, Jillian took a nap and Hubs and I got caught up on Amazing Race, cleaned, did laundry, ran errands etc. 

Overall, it was a superb weekend! 


How about you … How was your weekend weather?  Have you see Mannequin?  

No comments:

Post a Comment