Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I (Sort Of) Miss Running

So lately I have been missing running.

I know, I know, we've been here before.

My running career has been pretty much O-V-E-R since the Princess Half Marathon back in February.  That was so far away I barely even remember finishing that.  Did I finish that?  I know I did, but it was sort of anti-climactic given then fact that I abandoned all running around mile 8.  Meh.


But I did get a mile 12.1 picture with Sofia the First!

You know what I miss about running?  The music!  Yeah, not the way running makes me feel, or the wonderful workout I get, but the tunes, man!  I kid of course, but I used to live for downloading running jams and  making running playlists that kept me going.  I would wake up excited to get my shoes on and my iPod hooked up because I couldn't wait to hear my playlist come to life and carry me through my run.  I miss that.

I also miss being outside in the early hours of the morning, where the sun is just coming up and it's just me, my tunes and the great outdoors.  That sounds cheesy, but it's true.  I also miss how good a good run (walk/run) makes me feel.  It might be a slow (read: super slow), short outing, but at the end I feel like I accomplished something great.  That's pretty cool.

I have a 10K coming up in February - coincidentally it is during Princess Half Marathon weekend out at Disney - and I need to start training soon, so it's good that I'm kind of "in the mood" to run.  I can't run for 6 minutes, let alone 6 miles, so I need to embark some sort of training regimen to get me there.  I'm thinking of checking out one of the many "Couch to 10K" apps out there.  The Couch to 5K one was really good, so I'm willing to try something like that. 

There, I said it.  

I'll keep ya posted on all that goes...

How about you ... Have you ever taken a long hiatus from running?  How did you get back into it?  Did you use anything - like apps or training programs online - to help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment