Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Steppin'

Yesterday I didn't wake up until 8:38. Eek! I hadn't set an alarm because I was going to take a rest day because my ankle was bothering me (likely from all the theme park walking in bad shoes, and not my new running hobby) and I knew that Hubs would be getting up at 6:30 and Jillian would start chit chatting in her crib around 7:30 so I figured I would be okay. 

Nah. At 8:38 I woke up and looked at the clock and immediately thought "it's Saturday!" And I thought this for a good minute before I realized "holy cow I need to get up and get to work, it's only Tuesday!" Wow, was I off. Lucky for me it was a work from home day, but still. Where was my brain? Jillian was strangely silent all morning (either that or I was really tuning out the baby monitor) - normally she chats with all of her crib pals and all of the toys around her room. It's probably my favorite thing to do in the morning, just listening to her babble. So cute. 

Anyway, I was off my game all day. Its crazy how a wrench in your morning routine can throw your day into a tizzy. Ah well, I made it through the day without any turmoil so I'm good! I was back to normal operating routines today with a T25 workout (ankle's better) to start my day. Yay. Tomorrow it's back to the C210K plan. Can't wait for my third run of week one! 

Yesterday since I didn't work out I made sure to take Jillian on an extra long walk to get in some sort of exercise. We walked for 40 minutes and I managed to log over 10,000 steps for the fourth day in a row. Yes! I am trying really hard to get to 10,000 everyday. It's really hard, but theme parking helps. Both of our trips to Epcot over the weekend helped me out. On Saturday I logged over 20,000 steps (between my C210K workout, house work and Epcot), Sunday and Monday over 12,000 and today over 10,000. I'm on a roll! 

And that's all I've got for today. Tomorrow I'm gonna talk more about running. Woohoo! 

How about you ... Ever woken up super late for work? Do you use a pedometer to track your steps? How many steps do you take per day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment