Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Birthday Weekend

As you can tell from my food frenzy "What I Ate On My Birthday" post, I had a pretty good birthday. And the party didn't stop when Friday was over.  We celebrated all weekend, because that's how I do. 

Friday, as you know, we went to the character breakfast out at the Grand Floridian. 


 The buffet was at the restaurant 1900 Park Fare which offers both a breakfast and a dinner character dining. It was absolutely jammed so we had to wait a bit for our reservation, but there were ample photo opps while we waited. 




We thought that this character experience would have Mickey, Minnie and the regular gang, but it didn't. It was a random assortment of characters - Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter. Pooh and Tigger. Later we realized they were all the British characters. 






Jillian had a blast meeting everyone but didn't really know who the face characters were. I felt bad for Mary Poppins, when she was at her table Jillian kept pointing at Pooh going "POOH!!" But they still got along well and had nice conversation. 


We left the breakfast and walked around the resort for a while. It was a gorgeous day and we rarely go to out to the fancy schmancy  Grand Floridian to walk around. 


We headed home to chill for a while and let Jillian nap. During this time I played around with my new Jawbone Up24 fitness tracker that Hubs got me for my birthday (more on this later), watched Scandal and just relaxed, because that night we had plans to go out and enjoy Food and Wine Festival. 

Friday evening we had plans to go and see David Cook in concert at Epcot.  My in-laws offered to watch Jillian so that we could go out by ourselves, so we took them up on it and dropped off Jillian around 5:30.  We had a great time!  I shared most of the pics from that night in my food post, so I will spare you the details.  Here’s a picture from the concert. 


And a picture of me with a co-worker of mine, who I happened to run into.  That doesn’t sound too crazy, running into a co-worker at Disney, but my co-worker was down with his family from Hartford so it was really crazy that we ran into each other.  I didn’t even know he was down here!  So crazy!


Anyway, great night all around.  We continued the birthday fun on Saturday with a lunch outing to one of our favorite restaurants out at Disney – Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. 


And then Sunday night we celebrated with my parents.  The party just kept on going. 

And now my birthday is officially over (yay), now it’s on to the holidays!  EEEK! 

How about you … What did you do this weekend?  Any David Cook fans out there?  

No comments:

Post a Comment