Monday, November 17, 2014

Falling Upstairs

I meant to write more last week, I really did.  Time is just getting away from me!  I have a bunch of stuff I want to talk about too, like my review of the Jawbone Up24 fitness tracker I got for my birthday, my latest Stitch Fix and the fact that I have not worked a muscle in like over a month and how mad I am at myself for it (again!). 

But instead of diving into all of that on a Monday morning, I thought I’d hit some bulletpoints on what’s been going on over here.

- I started my day great.  I fell up the stairs on the way in to work today.  Yes, I said fell up.  Love when I do that, it makes me feel very smart and coordinated.  I was walking in from the parking lot and there’s a set of maybe 7 steps leading up to the entry of the building.  I have one of those rolling computer bags (because my work laptop is gargantuan and weighs 30 lbs), so I have to lift it and carry it up the steps.  This morning, I must have missed a step because I tripped and fell to my knees, the bag went rolling down the steps, my lunch bag went flying and the strap on my new purse (the one I got from my last Stitch Fix) broke and the contents of my purse went flying.  OK, well, not all the contents of my purse, but some things fell out.  Thankfully no one was around.  Sheesh.  Happy Monday!

- After stewing in the elevator about my new purse breaking, I knew I had to figure out a way to fix it, because I love that bag.  I knew there had to be a piece down in the parking lot somewhere that had fallen off when I fell.  So I went back downstairs to retrace my steps. (Work can wait, I need to fix my bag!!)  Sure enough, I found the pieces, brought them back upstairs and put my purse back together.  Oh happy day!  I’m so proud of myself for my little DIY project.



- A storm is brewing here in Florida.  It’s grossly hot out today, but the clouds are rolling in and they are bringing a frigid couple of days starting tomorrow.  I can’t wait!  Highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s.  This makes me happy. 

- Our weekend was a good one.  Friday night we chilled out, Saturday we had a birthday party to go to in Tampa, so we spent a lot of time in the car, but we had a great time.  Jillian really enjoyed playing with a bunch of kids close to her age, so it was super fun to watch her run around and have fun.

They were playing Operation - love that game!
Sunday we had lunch reservations at the Coral Reef restaurant at Epcot, which I’ll be writing up later this week.  After that we did some shopping and Jillian picked out things for her Christmas list.


She wants the pink one. 

And now it’s Monday again.  It’s crazy how fast time flies! 

Goals for this week:  Start the workout train again, cook dinner at home at least three nights and take more walks.


How about you … What did you do this weekend?  What are your goals for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment