Thursday, November 6, 2014

Getting Older

Tomorrow is my birthday!  Huzzah! 


I’ll be entering into my “late 30s” tomorrow and the number this year is kind of alarming to me.  Like when I say it I’m like “good God, how did that happen?”  I don’t feel my age though.  So I guess that’s a good thing.  A friend of mine told me today:

You are only as old as you feel – act young, you will be young.” 

I love this, and I’m going to live by it, because it’s one of those nice pearls of wisdom to take with you.


Now that Rod Stewart song is in my head ....  

And this quote fits in nicely with what we have planned for tomorrow.  I told Hubs that I wanted to take Jillian to a character breakfast on my birthday, so we are going to the Grand Floridian Resort for their super awesome character breakfast.   Breakfast with Mickey and Minnie?  Yep, acting young.  The character part of the breakfast is more for Jillian.  Me, I just love a breakfast buffet, so I am really looking forward to it.  Pictures forthcoming! 

Tomorrow night we are going to celebrate adult style by going out to Food and Wine Festival to see David Cook in concert.  David Cook is like my favorite Idol winner (next to Kelly), so I am super duper exciting about seeing him tomorrow night.  And the weather is supposed to get cool again, so happy birthday to me! 

Have a great weekend!


How about you … Do you act your age?  Do you feel old sometimes?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have fun at the character breakfast.
    I very rarely act my age. If I did, at 47, I'd have lots of wrinkles (I don't), wouldn't go to concerts (I do), dance in the car (I do) or sing at the top of my lungs....just because.
    There are days like tomorrow where I feel my age. I'm getting an MRI on my right tibia because they think I may have a stress fracture. GRRRRR
    In between the broken ribs in August and now the possible stress fracture, it hasn't been a good few months for my running. These are the times when I feel old and broken. But, alas, out of adversity comes wisdom. What wisdom I don't know, but there must be something coming.

    At any rate, have a wonderful birthday, and don't record any of it in your food tracker. Birthday calories don't count.

    ReplyDelete