Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Back to Being More Me

I’m not sure about you guys, but when I woke up on Monday morning I felt like I weighed about 5 lbs more than I did last Monday.  And when I got on the scale I found out that I did!  OK, maybe not 5 lbs, but I definitely gained some lbs over my gluttonous Thanksgiving vacation.  Ergh.

I don’t feel bad about it, but I do feel like I need to do something about it.  Stat.

As you know, I have been mostly sedentary for almost 2 months now.  Not for any reason other than just pure laziness.  So not me.  I’m a worker outer, so for me to go this long without a workout is weird.  I finally hit the wall Sunday night on the way home from our second Thanksgiving feast of the weekend.  I felt crappy, I felt crabby, I felt uncomfortable in my clothes, and I realized that I have to do something about this.  I always feel better when I am working out regularly – happier, my clothes fit better, my skin looks better, it’s a magic potion for me.  OK, that’s cheesy, but I believe it.


Hee, so true.  I have a bazillion workouts on my Pinterest board, how many of them have I done?

So Sunday night I set my alarm for early and I told Hubs that he had permission to push me out of bed if I didn’t get up.  Luckily, the alarm went off and I was instantly awake, and a little excited to get up and work out.  Yesterday’s workout came from the InsaniT25 calendar.  I’m going to work through that puppy until it’s done.  It might not be 30 days in a row, I might want to run/walk a couple of days a week, but I want to get these Insanity and T25 workouts in the mix because they work.  Bless you Shaun T.


Monday’s workout was the Insanity Fit Test.  It’s a workout that you do at the beginning of Insanity and then every two weeks throughout the program to gauge your progress.  You do a set of 8 exercises for a minute each and count your repetitions and then you compare your numbers each time you do the Fit Test throughout Insanity.  I remember when I did Insanity all the way through the difference in my numbers between Day 1 and Day 60 was just amazing. 

The only problem with doing just the Fit Test is that it’s not the greatest standalone workout.  You do a 3 or 4 minute warm up, then stretch and then you do the 8 exercises for a minute each, but there’s a lot of chatter in between the exercises, so it’s not a continuous workout where you’re huffing and puffing the whole time.  Don’t get me wrong, I was definitely huffing and puffing and had my heart rate up there, but it wasn’t a consistent workout.  I guess it was a good workout to start with since I haven’t done anything in a long time. 

In addition to the Fit Test I dropped and did 30 push-ups and a couple sets of lunges.  Overall, good first day back on the workout track. 

And today I can barely lift my arms – dang push-ups. 

Today’s workout, which hasn’t been completed yet (I’m doing it this afternoon) is Insanity’s Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  I’m scared.  Insanity workouts are just scary.


So that’s it, I’m back on the workout wagon and I am happy and on my way back.  Back to what, I don’t know, but just back to being more me. 


How about you … Have you ever taken a really long hiatus from working out?  How did you get yourself back into it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment