Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Disney Dining Review: Dining Around the World - United Kingdom, Italy and France

We've been eating around the world lately with our Tables in Wonderland membership.  Over the last couple of weekends we've eaten in the United Kingdom, Italy and France, so I thought I'd do one big post about our experience.  Fun?  Yes!

Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room - United Kingdom, Epcot

Not my photo, I didn't take any.
We have walked by the Rose and Crown about a bazillion times in our trips out to Epcot.  And we've even gone inside the pub a time or two for a beer and to see the singing hat lady, but we've never eaten there. 

We chose the coldest night to eat there - and the seating was outside - but they had heaters going so it was okay.  Hubs and I both started with some pub drinks - Strongbow Cider for me and a Boddington's for him - and then went "traditional British food" when we ordered Fish and Chips and Bangers and Mash for our meals.  

I'm not really a fish fan, but I like me some Long John Silvers (don't judge), so I figured the beer battered fried fish would be A-OK.  Unfortunately the Rose and Crown version was much fishier tasting than I expected, so I wasn't a huge fan.  But I did enjoy Hubs' Bangers and Mash - who knew sausage and mashed potatoes and some sort of gravy would be good together? 

All in all, we had a nice experience at Rose and Crown.  Would we go back there to eat?  Probably not, but we will definitely stop in to the pub again!  

Tutto Italia - Italy, Epcot

This past Saturday we made a lunch trip out to Italy to the Tutto Italia restaurant.  


We have been here before, but it was a looong time ago, and I remember it being just okay. Traditional Italian food, in a gorgeous ambiance (as you can tell from the photo above).  

We started our meal with fresh focaccia bread and a Caesar salad that Hubs and I shared.  I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and shared with Jillian.  Hubs got the lasagna.  Everything was great!  How can you go wrong with Italian food? 

The best part - we were one of the first reservations of the day, so we were literally in and out of there so super fast.  That's always a plus when you have a toddler in tow.  Not that Jillian is ever a problem in a restaurant (we come prepared for anything), but sometimes she gets a little antsy.  

Anyway, all in all, great time at Tutto Italia.  We will definitely go back because I found a menu item or two that I would like to go back and try.  

Chefs de France - France, Epcot

The same weekend, we traveled out to France for lunch on Sunday afternoon.  (It was Hubs' birthday weekend, so we lived it up with the Disney food)


Chefs de France is one of two French restaurants out at Epcot.  The other, Monsieur Paul, is super fancy and impossible to get into.  Chefs de France offers traditional French fare, like escargot and the like, and then offers things like Croque Monsieur sandwiches, quiches and more.  

At lunch they actually have a Prix Fixe menu where you can choose an appetizer of French Onion soup (is that really French?) and Lobster Bisque, an entree of Croque Monsieur, Quiche Lorraine or Gratin de Macaroni (fancy mac and cheese) and then a dessert.  Ding ding ding!  That's what we got.  

The meal started with warm French baguettes and butter.  I could have just stopped here and eaten bread for lunch, but I didn't.  We both ordered the French Onion Soup as our app - because who doesn't love French Onion Soup?  I was honestly full after the bread and the giant tureen of soup/cheese that I ate.  But I forged ahead with my Croque Monsieur, which was delicious, but I could only eat half.  Hubs ordered the gratin de mac and brought half of his home as well.  

Everything was delicious!!!  We were so stuffed, and then we realized we had to order a dessert too, since it was included.  Sheesh.  If I must...  I ordered the Creme Brûlée and Hubs had some sort of chocolate mousse thing.  Yum and yum.  Everything was just yum.  So good.

We rolled ourselves out of there and vowed to go back and try other things.  Chefs de France was definitely a winner!  

And that's it!  No more Disney dining reservations for a while.  We've been on a good run lately and we've definitely taken full advantage of our Tables in Wonderland discount.  

No comments:

Post a Comment