Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Off to a Good Start

I forgot how much I love hate love/hate Insanity. 

Yesterday, as part of my InsaniT25 schedule, I did Insanity’s Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  I haven’t done this workout in years and I instantly remembered how much of a doozy it is.  All Insanity workouts start with an insane (ha) warm up.  Like, a warm up that could pretty much be the workout.  It’s ten minutes of 7 exercises done for about 30 second each, 3 times through (got that?), and each set you increase the intensity and go a little bit faster than before.  Seriously, when the warm up and stretch was over I was like “OK, I’m done.”


 I have missed the fun of an Insanity workout though.  I love how the people in the video are like me (well, me, but with insanely fit bodies), they’re all like “F this S” half way through the workout because they think it’s insane too.  In most workout videos the people are smiling through the whole thing like “this is so fun!”  Not in Insanity, they’re all feeling the pain like me and showing it, and I love that.


 What I haven’t missed about Insanity – how long the workouts are.  I’m so used to my T25, getting it all done in 25 minutes.  Yesterday’s workout was 42 minutes, which doesn’t seem too much longer than a T25 workout, but trust me, I felt that 17 extra minutes.  I thought it was never going to end.  But, I got it done and I felt great afterwards. I learned yesterday that there is an Insanity Max 30 series coming out.  Insanity in 30 minutes.  But apparently like like Insanity on crack.  But it's only 30 minutes.  Sign me up!  

I am proud of myself for getting back into a routine.  Yeah, it’s only been two days, but that’s two more days that I could have been sedentary, and I wasn’t, so yay.  But man, am I sore.  The Monday workout killed me.  Namely the push-ups.  My arms, chest and that area right around my armpits hurts so bad.  Like, it hurts to move my arms, it hurts to touch my arms, it just hurts.  And my abs hurt.  I’m not even sure why my abs hurt, but they do.  Truth be told, I love being sore from a workout.  It lets me know that I did something good. 

So, I’m off to a good start! 


How about you … Did you work out today?  

1 comment:

  1. I worked out today. I actually ran for 10 minutes, then did 45 min of "running" on the elliptical, then abs and legs. I was banished from running about 4-6 weeks ago for a stress fracture in my right tibia. Technically I was told not to run on November 11, but I hadn't been running for about 2 weeks before that. When the orthopedist confirmed the stress fracture he told me I could go back to running in 4 weeks, but had to ramp up really slow. Start with 5-10 minutes and work up from there. So, I'm listening for a change. I plan to impact run for 10 minutes each day for the next 2-3 weeks, then move to 15-20 minutes for 2-3 weeks, and slowly get back to my usual 45 minutes (5.1 miles) of running.
    Aside from ramping up the running and trying to stay fit during the holidays, I'm back to studying for the CA bar exam. Didn't pass in July, so I get to do it again in Feb. 2nd time is the charm!!

    ReplyDelete