Monday, December 1, 2014

The Monday After a 5-Day Holiday Weekend

After a glorious 5 day holiday weekend, it is Monday again which means it's back to the grind. Here's what's been going on over here ...

- Our Thanksgiving was fantastic. We arrived in Clearwater on Wednesday afternoon and hung out with my parents. I was in charge of building the stuffing, my mom's recipe which is easily one of my favorite foods ever. So it was a little intimidating being in charge of such a big item, but I did good and the stuffing was a success, as it is every Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving morning, as you know, my dad and I got up bright and early to run the Turkey  Trot 5K and then we had a leisurely morning. Hubs' parents and grandma arrived around 2 and then it was food time! 



And photo time. It's tradition that we take a big family picture after dinner. 

- We didn't do any crazy Black Friday, er, Black Thursday shopping, but we did run around a bit on Friday to see if we could get any deals. We didn't buy anything but got some ideas. After that we made our way back home to Orlando. 

- Saturday was spent decorating for Christmas. I have been pining (ha, no pun intended) for a new Christmas tree now for two or three years, and when we pulled out our old tree that we've had for close to a decade this happened. 


Half the lights were burned out! Well darn, guess we need a new tree now! So we went shopping and ended up with this 7.5 foot pre-lit beauty. (And no the lights aren't on in that pic)


(Jillian is pondering the meaning of Christmas here)

I am so super glad we got a new tree, it is just so beautiful!

- On Sunday we were non-stop!  We had early lunch reservations at the Disney Junior character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios.  I don't know who was more excited, me or Jillian.  Probably me.  It was such a blast!  I will be doing a full recap of the meal later this week, but here's a sneak preview of the fun pics we snapped!


With Doc McStuffins

After that we headed over to Hubs' grandma's house for a belated Thanksgiving celebration with his mom's side of the family.  It was very nice and I got to eat more turkey and stuffing.  Bonus!

And today I feel like a stuffed sausage and vow to make things better in my life.  More on this tomorrow...  

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!  

How about you ... How are you feeling after your Thanksgiving?  Did you do any Black Friday shopping?  Get any good deals?


1 comment:

  1. I am still trying to recover from the long holiday weekend. Literally, I am sick. We scored some good deals on random things we had on the wish list for the house. Does a fancy all stainless steel knife set excite anyone else?

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete