Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What I'm Listening To

Hello there from frigid Florida!  OK, it’s not nearly as frigid as other parts of the country, obviously, but it’s definitely cold for us.  We woke up to 45 degrees, which made it really hard to get out of bed today to work out, but I did!

I’m three for three this week on the InsaniT25 schedule.  Today was T25’s Beta Dynamic Core workout.  It was quite dynamic indeed.  Definitely warmed me right up.  I’m feeling really good about these workouts and even got a “are you losing weight?” comment from Hubs last night.  Nice! 

So, I have been obsessed with music lately.  I’m always slightly obsessed with music, but there is so much good music right now, I thought I’d share some of my faves I’ve been jamming to during workouts, in the car, on walks, etc etc.  And no, it’s not all Christmas music…

Here we go …

“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars

After reading about Janae’s obsession with this song, I had to give it a listen.  O…M…G…Wow!  This song is the bomb.  I wish I could dance because it just makes me want to bust a funky move and breakdance or something.  And the video!  It gives me goosies!  Bruno Mars can do no wrong in my eyes, he is so flippin cool.  And Mark Ronson just hanging out in the background of the video – nice!  Thank you Janae.



“Lips Are Movin’” by Meghan Trainor

You know my obsession with my BFF Meghan Trainor (remember when she liked my Instagram photo – besties!), well her new song is so fun and catchy and makes me sing at the top of my lungs in my car (I’m a terrible singer, so I reserve this for car rides when I’m by myself).  Love it!  And I can’t wait until her first album comes out on January 13th.  And did you know she was nominated for a Grammy?  She hasn’t even released a full CD yet and she’s already up for a Grammy.  Fantastic!



“Blank Space” by Taylor Swift

Well duh, you knew a Taylor Swift song would end up on my list given my newfound obsession with her.  This song…  I can’t even describe how awesome it is.  And the video is equally amazing.  Nuff said.



“Little Drummer Boy” by tobyMac

Christmas music!  It’s all good, but this song is great because it’s a classic that is funktified like only tobyMack can do.  tobyMac’s Christmas in Diverse City CD is on constant rotation in our house during the holidays because it’s just good.  Lots of fun, funky Christmas classics! 



 Anything by Fall Out Boy

Fall Out Boy is sort of killing it lately.  They released their Save Rock and Roll album back in 2013 and it’s freaking great!  “My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark” (seriously, they make the longest song titles ever) was a big one and then they had “Alone Together” and “Young Volcanoes” follow.  All great!  Now they have the song “Centuries” out, which rocks my world (video below).  Can’t wait for their next album coming out … soon?



“Habits” by Tove Lo

When I first heard this song I was like “eh.”  I couldn’t get past that line about binging on Twinkies and thowing up in the bath tub (gross).  But as I heard it more and more it got me and now I sing it at the top of my lungs in the car.  LOVE IT! 



“Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson has the most pure and amazing voice ever.  Her new Christmas album has all of the classics, sung beautifully, and this song is sort of an ode to Mariah’s “All I Want for Christmas” in that it’s fast, catchy and infectious.  Love!!




So that’s what I’m listening to, or jamming out to, over here.  Now go and update your playlists! 


How about you … What are you listening to right now?  Favorite song of the moment?  Are you a fan of any of these songs?  

No comments:

Post a Comment