Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Disney Dining Review: Captain's Grille at Disney's Yacht Club Resort

A couple of weeks ago Hubs, Jillian and I had another fun filled Disney dining reservation at a place that we'd walked by many times, but had never actually been to - Captain's Grille at Disney's Yacht Club Resort.



We actually sat at that table right there in the right hand corner

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't too excited about going there.  I figured it was just going to be another Disney steak at another resort restaurant.  I was wrong. 

The menu at Captain's Grille was excellent.  It had a little bit of everything from steaks to seafood to chicken to pork to pasta dishes.  I opted for the pasta special of the evening - Beef Stroganoff, and man oh man, am I glad I did.  It was DELICIOUS.  Probably one of my favorite meals since we started this whole Disney Dining experiment.  The stroganoff was made with short ribs and was so flavorful.  The noodles were wide pasta noodles (pappardelle?) that held the flavor of the beef and gravy and were so good.  Everything was so so good.  

Hubs had the Rosemary brined pork tenderloin, which was also awesome.  And Jillian discovered that she loves ketchup at Captain's Grille when she had the very famous kids chicken nuggets.  Oh yes, she's fancy.

Great dinner all around!

Afterwards, we walked off all of our delicious food with a lap around Epcot's World Showcase.  It was a great night!  

I still have to talk about the character breakfast at Ohana, so I'll check in later this week with with that review.  And coming up next weekend: reservations at Tony's Town Square at Magic Kingdom! 

How about you ... Ever been to Captain's Grill, Ohana or Tony's Town Square?

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Disney as an adult and I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete