Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jillian's 2nd Birthday

Well, hey!  It's been a while, hasn't it?  I fully meant to write more last week, but with me being off work for a couple of days, the rest of my week was chaos, so I never got a chance to check in.  Argh.  

Last week was Jillian's 2nd birthday (OMG!!) and we celebrated pretty much all week long, despite the fact that the birthday girl had a bit of a cold.  Poor baby.  She didn't let it spoil the fun though!  

On Sunday we had her "it's a small world" themed birthday party at the house.



All of the decor I found on Etsy.  There aren't many options for an "it's the small world" party out there, but I fell in love with all of this stuff from the Chesilou shop.  Such cute things!!  


Vintage wood "it's a small world" poster from another shop on Etsy and the small world boat we got at Magic Kingdom a couple of weeks ago.

We had a house full - about 25 people - and I vowed never to do another party at the house again.  Ha, I kid.  Sort of.  I felt like I was more wrapped up in making the food, making sure the food was set up and stocked at all times, and making sure everyone was happy versus enjoying the people and Jillian.  So that was kind of a bummer, but what are you gonna do? I did make time to snap a pic with my girls.


Since it was an "it's a small world" theme we had food and favors representing different countries.  For appetizers we had chips and salsa (representing Mexico), bruschetta (Italy) and pretzels (Germany).  And then for entrees we had a full on taco bar (Mexico was the main theme, apparently) with all of the fixings, chicken tenders and potato salad representing the USA and Bagel Bites which was a very weak representation of Italy - but hey, everyone loves Bagel Bites at a party, right?

For the kids' favor bags I got all Pinterest-y and created bags with different things from around the world.  Well, things that represented things from different countries...



In them: a flower lei representing Hawaii, a tiny globe ball (a "small world" - ha, get it?), a tiny sombrero, Swedish fish (yes) and M&Ms repping the US of A.  I was so proud of my creativity here.  

Enough about the decor and the food...  Jillian had a blast playing with her friends and tearing up the playroom.  



All in all it was a fabulous party.  Jillian thoroughly enjoyed being sang to and eating her cupcake.




So serious about her frosting filled face
Awesome, awesome party.  

On Jillian's actual birthday (the 13th), we had fun plans to go to the character breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian Village resort.




We met Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch.  I'll do a full write up on the character breakfast at Ohana later this week.  But I'll just say that we left super full and happy.  Great time!  

After that we continued the tradition and went to Magic Kingdom to celebrate some more.





Yep, we even sprung for the $10 Mickey balloon.  Why not? 

All in all, it was a fabulous birthday celebration.  I still can't believe my baby is 2!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment