Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year New Randomness

I just realized that my posts went up out of order!  I meant for the Happy New Year one to go up on New Year's Day and the Disney Dining review to go up on the 30th.  Dur.  Maybe this year I'll figure out my own blog... 

Happy New Year!!  I hope you had a fabulous New Year’s celebration and are ready to make 2015 super great!  I totally am!

It’s Friday of a really weird week (all day yesterday I thought it was Saturday), so I’m at work, and I’m pretty much the only person here.  It’s kind of nice actually. 

Since it’s Friday, that means I get to share a bunch of randomness, so here we go!

- Our New Year’s was nice and low key.  We hung out at home, drank some wine, watched Ryan Seacrest and pulled our credit scores.  Yes really.  During Seacrest we saw a commercial for Credit Karma and thought, “hey, why not start the New Year financially responsible knowing our credit scores.”  So that’s what we did.  We are super crazy over here.

- Over the last couple of weeks we have kept Redbox in business.  Lots of movies happening over here.  Hubs watched more movies that I did (he rented a bunch of man movies I didn’t care to watch).  Some standouts …

  • Guardians of the Galaxy was surprisingly good and completely made me love the song “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede. And Chris Pratt.
  • Let’s Be Cops was hilarious.  I stopped watching New Girl a couple of seasons ago, but I forgot how much I enjoy Jake Johnson. 
  • A Million Ways to Die in the West was so good and so funny.  I didn’t expect it to be as good as it was, but I really, really enjoyed it.  And I enjoy Seth MacFarlane as an actor.
  • Chef.  This was by far the best movie of all of the movies we watched.  This was excellent!!  Seriously, go rent it. 

 - I forgot to include this amazing picture of Jillian in her Christmas Eve dress on the blog.  This is probably one of my favorite photos of her from the year.  Ah, she’s growing up so fast.  My baby will be 2 in a mere 11 days. 



- While I did not start the New Year with a workout (I thought about it, but opted for mimosas instead), I did pick it back up today.  I completed T25’s Alpha Total Body Circuit today and it felt good to sweat.  I also started a workout series that I found on Amazon Prime (for free) called The Perfect Bum.  It’s a mix of Pilates and other strengthening exercises targeting the backside.  Yes please.  Today’s workout was got you ready for the series, so it was a lot of stretching and breathing and whatnot.  I enjoyed! 



- I found my list of 2014 “To Do’s” this morning, read through it and laughed out loud because I completed exactly zero of the items on the list.  So much for resolutions.  I think I’ve decided I’m not going to make any this year.  I know what I need to do this year, I’m not going to publish a list, I’m just going to do it.  Because so many times I make lists and lists and lists and then I never do any of it.  My mantra this year:  JUST DO IT.  Don’t think about it, don’t talk about it, just DO. 



And with that, I’m off to go do work stuff.  I hope your New Year is off to a fabulous start! 

How about you … Are you making “resolutions” this year?  What did you do on New Year’s Eve?

2 comments:

  1. No resolutions for me either! Year long goals end up being overwhelming and get forgotten. Totally agree. I made a manifest, or daily reminder of sorts. I really just want to live and embrace life. Like you said, you know what needs to happen.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My resolution is always the same: try to eat a bit healthier. As long as I don't eat junk food all year, I pretty much meet my resolution.
    New years eve, we traveled back from Chicago. It was 8F when we left there. BRRRRRR Kids went to a friends house. Hubs and I just chilled and watch TV on our new 60" TV.

    ReplyDelete