Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Randomness - Race Edition

Hi!  Happy Friday!  It's here again - the weekend!  And it's Princess Half Marathon/10K Weekend.  Woo!  

Here's some Friday randomness...

- So it's FRIGID here right now.  Highs today are only supposed to be in the 50s and overnight lows in the 30s.  This does not bode well for me tomorrow for the 10K considering the race begins in the middle of the night and ends before the sun comes up.  Brr...  Still trying to figure out how I am going to dress.  I am suddenly having flashbacks of that half marathon back in 2010 when it snowed/sleeted.



I was wearing a tank, a long sleeved wick away shirt, two hoodies, a hat, gloves and it was still frigid.  Brr...

- I made a fantastic playlist for the run tomorrow.  Even if the run sucks, at least I'll get a good hour and a half or so of jamming out to fab tunes.  



Some notes about my choices:

  • Born to Run by 7Lions is one of my favorite run songs because, duh, the title.  
  • Work B*tch by Britney is on there twice because it's a good kick you in the ass song.
  • Songs 18-22 are those "c'mon Kerry you can do it, you are strong" songs I need in the middle of a race.
  • Songs 24-27 are those "omigod you're almost done" songs.  Note the song Miracles, the lyrics are "I believe in miracles" - as in, it will be a miracle if I finish this race.  Ha.
  • And then of course my La Copa de la Vida as my final, cross the finish line song.  Always and forever.
Playlist making is an art that I take very seriously.  I'm a geek, I know.

- We went to the Expo last night at ESPN Wide World of Sports complex to pick up my race packet.  It was crazy, as always, but fun!


Me and Cinderella's glass slipper.  I just love Disney race expos.  

- As a celebratory dinner after the race we are going to Biergarten at the German pavilion at Epcot for a luscious German buffet.  I expect to eat lots of schnitzel and drink lots of German wine as a "yay to me" for my 10K triumph.  (because I already know it will be a triumph...yeah).  

- I leave for Connecticut on Sunday evening for a business trip.  Meh.  I hate traveling on Sundays.  Even more so when it's Oscar Sunday.  Thankfully I am flying Jet Blue so I can watch the Red Carpet coverage from the plane.  Woohoo!

That's all from me.  Have a great weekend!  Stay tuned for a race recap soon!  

How about you ... What are you doing this weekend?  Do you watch the Oscars?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the race. Hopefully it won't be too cold.
    I don't watch the Oscars, the Grammy's or any other award show where the industry does nothing but celebrate itself in lavish fashion. I find it obnoxious. Granted, I also take actors, musicians, etc off my list based on their politics too!

    ReplyDelete