Monday, February 9, 2015

It's a New Week

Hello there!  It took me all day, but I am finally getting around to saying hello here. I’m hoping to drop in a little more this week than last. 

- I am t-minus 11 days until the Disney Princess 10K and I can safely say no running has happened yet.  T25, yes, but running has been nonexistent.  I am really hoping that the crazy amounts of cardio and jumping from T25 have conditioned me appropriately.  We will see.  I’m planning on keeping it light at airy on race day doing 1:1 intervals.  We’ll see how that goes…

So serious.  I could see the finish line in this picture.  It's the look of determination.

In happier running days ... I am hoping for a run as successful as the Tower of Terror 10 Miler a couple of years ago (another one I didn't train for), hee.  I will be wearing my "Three Awesome Chicks" shirt again for good luck.

- So this happened last night while making dinner …


I was making dinner in a Pyrex dish in a 425 degree oven.  At the end of the cooking time, I switched on the broiler to brown it just a bit.  It was in the broiler maybe 3 minutes.  When I opened the oven and grabbed the Pyrex dish, it exploded in my hands.  Exploded.  As in shards of glass everywhere (thankfully not in my eye, my face, or anywhere else horrible).  Exploded.  Apparently you can’t put Pyrex in the broiler.  Duly noted, thank you.  Needless to say, Hubs and I spent hours cleaning up shards of glass and food from the floor, the oven, the cooktop, the counters, everywhere.  It is safe to assume that we now have the cleanest kitchen in the world.  Wow.  Crazy.

- This weekend we had a Disney dining date with Belle! 


More on that in my next Disney dining recap.  (I think I actually owe you two)

- I found one of my absolute favorite arm routines on You Tube this morning!  I used to love Exercise TV when it was offered for free with my cable and one of my favorites was a routine called “Tank Top Arms” with Cindy Whitmarsh.  It's so good!  And it’s on You Tube now!  Happy day!  I did it this morning after my T25 routine of the day – Alpha Ab Intervals. 


Alright, that’s all I’ve got for now.  I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday! 


How about you … Did you start your Monday with a  workout?  

1 comment:

  1. Ran my first 5K on Saturday since recovering from a stress fracture in my right tibia. I have to admit, that it felt good. I have been running on a treadmill to avoid a lot of stress to the tibia and my knees, so I wasn't sure how the race would go. I ran it in 25:45, or an 8:18min/mile pace. Considering that I train at an 8:49min/mile pace, I was very pleased. Came in 7th in my age group!!!!
    Took yesterday off to rest and study all day, but started today with a quick 20 min run followed by 30 min of stairs and some lifting. Then back to studying. 14 more days until the Bar Exam. UGH!

    ReplyDelete