Monday, February 16, 2015

It's Race Week

Hello there!  I meant to check in sooner this morning, but that just didn’t happen. 

It’s Monday again, and I did not get my bootie out of bed to work out, and I’m a little ticked at myself for that.  I am blaming the weather.  We forgot to turn the heat on last night (because it was 72 and gorgeous yesterday), and when I woke up our house was frigid (it got into the upper 40s last night), so I was just too darn cozy to get out of bed.  Yes, that is a super lame excuse for not getting up and working out, but that is what I’m going with.  It’s a really bad week to not start on the right foot too, my 10K is on Saturday and I really need to get my butt moving, if ya know what I mean.


It’s race week!  The week leading up to a race is always kind of exciting.  Even if you haven’t run at all in like 3 months and pretty much know you’re going to crash and burn, there is still an element of excitement.  Yes, yes there is.  For example, I printed off my race waiver this morning for the expo on Thursday.  I love race expos, so I am really looking forward to that.  I need a new sparkly visor (because I lost my beloved one on vacation last year), so I am in the market for something sparkly and fun to go with my outfit. 

Like this sparkly black visor from Sparkle Athletic.

The girls and I have decided that we are going to wear our Three Awesome Chicks shirts again. Yay, can’t wait!





Hopefully the shirt will give me the same super running powers it gave me during the Tower of Terror 10 miler a couple of years ago.  That was a great race – another one that I didn’t do a lick of training for, so my fingers (and toes) are crossed. 

Between now and Saturday I plan on running a time or two, just to make sure that I can do it.  I am just thanking my lucky stars that it’s only 6.2 miles and that I’m not running the half marathon.  I'm smart like that.


How about you … Ever run a race that you were completely unprepared for?  Anyone else out there participating in Princess Half Marathon weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment