Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Randomness - It's Spring!

Hello!  It’s Friday again!  How does that happen so quickly? 

I’m super excited because it’s SPRING!! 


Today is the first day of Spring and that just makes me happy.  We’ve been feeling “Spring like” temperatures for the past couple of weeks now, but now that it’s officially Spring I feel like that warm weather is here to stay!

- Last night we went out to Epcot after work to enjoy the warm weather and the Flower and Garden Festival that is going on right now.  I love Flower and Garden because it’s like a mini Food and Wine Festival with the special food and wine kiosks and concerts and stuff (En Vogue is there this weekend – remember them?).  And this happened last night.

Not my pic.  Got it here.

It’s a strawberry marshmallow macaron from France.  And it’s pink.  It actually looked better than it tasted, but it was alright.  After a quick lap around the world and several food tastings, we headed home.  I love warm Florida evenings.

- Yesterday since I worked from home I didn’t actually put on make-up until about 4 o’clock.  (I didn’t work out until 2:30!)  I put on my normal lipstick combo – Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick + Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Color – and this morning, after washing my face and sleeping I still had full on lipstick.  Love that!  And if you’re wondering why I wear both, it’s because I can never actually buy the color I really want, so I just mix and match what I have to come up with what I want.  It works.



(Can you tell I’ve gotten into Pic Monkey lately?  I’m a little late to the party, I know.  They have a free trial of their Royale package going on right now.)

- Something that does not have super staying power … that new Sally Hansen Miracle Gel polish.  You get the color and the top coat and it’s supposed to stay just like a gel manicure.  Nope.  I got a gel manicure once and it was awesome!  Nail polish never stays on my nails for more than a day or two before chipping or peeling off (I have weak nails), so when I got a real gel manicure and it stayed for 2+ weeks without a chip I was like “YES!”  The only problem, getting it off.  I tried to take it off myself and in the process took off probably two layers of nails in the process.  My nails are still trying to repair from that.  (You’re actually supposed to go and get it taken off professionally, but who has time for that?)  So anyway, when I saw a DIY gel mani on the market I had to try.  No Bueno.  It lasted maybe 3 days before it started to chip and look worn.  Boo. 



- On my way to work I always listen to EW Morning Live on SiriusXM, because I love me some entertainment news and gossip.  This morning the two hosts were going on and on about how much they hated Friends.  I had to turn it off because that is just madness.  Who hates Friends?!  Heather would not be amused by this.

- We have super exciting stuff going on this weekend.  Tomorrow morning I’m getting a new car!!  So excited about this. I’ve been pitting dealers against each other via email/text this week (yes, they do that over text!  Welcome to 2015!) and feel like I have the best deal in the bag, so I’m going down there tomorrow to finalize.  Tomorrow night we have Disney dining plans out at one of the resorts and then Sunday night we are going to the Magic game.  Fun all around! 

Alright, that’s all I’ve got.  Gotta jet to a meeting.  I hope you have a fab Friday!


How about you … Are you experiencing Spring weather where you are?  Any good plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment