Monday, April 13, 2015

Hitting Reset

Remember when I said last Friday that on Monday I was going to hit the reset button?  Yep, reset button has been hit.  It is time.

Over the last few weeks (maybe months) I have been off the rails with my eating and exercise.  Exercise has been spotty at best - a T25 workout here, a run there, nothing consistent.  And my eating has been atrocious.  I used to eat atrociously because I was like “well, I work out all the time, so I can” – yeah, no, you can’t.  And lately I haven’t even been working out, so the eating atrociously (word of the day) has totally caught up with me – to the tune of 5 pounds.  Yes, 5 pounds.  I got on the scale this morning and nearly had a heart attack.  5 pounds in literally like 2 weeks.  What is that?

So Hubs and I have vowed to make a change to our diets and to ourselves (we actually decided this a couple of weeks ago, but I was traveling last week, so we decided that today would be our start).  We’re embarking on the Advocare 24-Day Challenge again (we’ve done it a couple of times in the past and loved it) and know that this will help us get back on track – because sometimes you just need structure and someone (or thing) telling you what to eat and what not to eat. 



Tough love.  Yep.

What will we be eating?  Lean proteins, fruits, veggies, complex carbs - basically all the things that a healthy person should eat.  It’s not too restrictive to where we’re starving, but we will be forced to cut out some staples that have been on our menu lately – candy, sweets, soda – all stuff that probably should be cut out anyway.  I was so proud of my grocery cart yesterday – there wasn’t a processed food or soda to be seen.

And exercise is making a comeback too.  I know I say this often, and I have been so wishy washy about it lately, but I have to make it priority again.  Have to.  And I did this morning.  I got up this morning and went for a run.  And it was fabulous!  I forgot how much I love being outside in the morning just before the sun comes up.  The weather is just right, it’s quiet, it smells nice, oh it was just perfect.  I didn’t have any goals for my run this morning, my main goal was to just get up and outside (mission accomplished).  I did my normal 2 mile loop around the neighborhood, running whenever I felt like it, and it was perfect.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll put a little structure around it.  Or maybe not.  As long as I’m out there doing it, I don’t care at this point.

So that’s that.  Embarking on another journey in hopes of being a little a lot more healthy. 


How about you … Do you ever feel like you just need to hit the reset button on your diet and exercise routine?  

No comments:

Post a Comment