Thursday, April 2, 2015

Mid-Afternoon Run (!)

I ran today!  (The beauty of working from home a couple days a week – mid-afternoon workouts)

I slept really crappy last night.  Zeus likes to likes to make his presence known a lot during the night by meowing loudly – it’s crazy annoying and always wakes me up.  Anyway, because of my crappy night’s sleep, I didn’t get up early and do my T25 workout as planned, so I decided that I was going to work out in the afternoon.  But when the time came to suit up and jump around, I wasn’t really feeling T25.  But I was feeling a walk/run around the neighborhood.  That never happens, so I had to capitalize on that.

Within like 2 minutes (because I knew if I didn’t do it right then, I’d change my mind) I put on my running gear and went outside.  It was really warm today (85) and overcast, so it was pretty perfect.  I took a 2 mile spin around the neighborhood walking and running whenever I felt.  It was great!  The running was tough though. 


I don’t know if it was because I haven’t run since the 10K (back in Feb) or the fact that I had just eaten lunch, but I was running pretty slow and not for a really long amount of time.  Eh, what can you do?  I’m just pleased that I went out and did it.


I have to say, mid-afternoon workouts make me feel so good.  Totally peps me up when I might otherwise feel a mid-afternoon slump.  I’m liking it.  I might try and do the same thing tomorrow, since I’m working from home again.  We will see! 


How about you … How do you feel about mid-afternoon workouts?  What time of day do you run?

1 comment:

  1. For my long runs, I somethings do a mid-afternoon instead of morning. I don't mind them!

    ReplyDelete