Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Randomness - Bonkers Style

You guys!  This has been the most insane week – in so many ways – so I apologize for this being my one and only post of the week.  Although, I’m sure no one was really missing me that much.  Hee.

So here’s what’s been up, and what’s on my mind on this Friday.

- Hey it's May!  And I can't resist this...


- My Monday began with a funeral and ended with a car accident.  Yes, the irony of getting in a car accident on the way home from a funeral is just …  I can’t even.  I am okay, my car is not.  My new car is not.  I was rear ended by someone going full speed, so there’s damage, but thankfully it’s drivable and thankfully no one was hurt.  But for real, seriously?  I’ve had the car less than a month.  And I was on my way home from a funeral.  GAH!

- Work has been absolutely bonkers insane this week.  I have probably done three months of work in the last 7 days.  I’m a rock star, but I’m exhausted.


 - Because we had to postpone our little mini vacation to Universal last weekend due the funeral, we are going this weekend.  I cannot even tell you how happy this makes me. Because after the week I’ve had, I am so ready for a little getaway and some lounging by the pool.  If you need me, I’ll be hanging here.


 - Still Challenge-ing and still running.  I just completed week two of Couch to 10K and I’m totally loving it and still sticking with it.  I know!  I love that the app tells me when to run and for how long.  I just do what it tells me and it pushes me, which is definitely what I need.  Love.

- Speaking of running, registration for Walt Disney World Marathon weekend went on sale on Tuesday.  Michele and I synchronized our watches so that we would log on at 11:59am for the noon registration time for the 10K.  I am happy to report that we both got in.  Woohoo!  And Hubs got into the half marathon!  As of today, everything except for the Marathon is sold out.  Wow.


Here we go again! 

- Because it’s downright summery outside, I’ve been in the mood to buy some new shorts.  Can someone please tell me why shorts these days are so short?  I am not interested in wearing shorts that barely cover my butt.  3” inseam?  That just seems a little too short for most people on the planet, no?  Like every pair of shorts that I checked out yesterday at Tar-jay were obscenely short.  Maybe I’m just old and crotchety, but I like a short that hits me about mid-thigh.  Where do you buy those? 

- My office started pumping in “white noise” to help with the overall noise level within the office.  It is so loud it’s distracting.  It sounds literally as if someone is power washing the roof.  It’s a constant whoooooossssssh.  Isn’t the point of “white noise” to be unnoticeable?  I had to put my headphones on because it was so distracting and annoying.  Sheesh.

- There were other things I wanted to chat about, but I cannot remember them anymore.  This is why I need to write stuff down, because it’s there one minute and the next it’s gone.  Apparently I am getting old – long shorts and losing my memory, yay.

Alright, that’s it.  Here’s hoping you have a fantabulous weekend! 

How about you … What are you up to this weekend?  Thoughts on shorts?

1 comment:

  1. It is too bad about what happened to your car. Indeed, it is a consolation that no one was hurt, but it still left you minus a car, and it’s not even that old yet. Anyway, it’s great that you continue to be cheery and immersed with your passions despite those setbacks. Thanks for sharing your jam-packed week with us. Cheers!

    Sabrina Craig @ Medical Attorney NY

    ReplyDelete