Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Week

After talking about the fact that I was eaten alive by sand fleas yesterday I felt the need clarify.  Because the term sand fleas makes it seem like we were staying in some flea infested hotel or something while vacationing on Sanibel Island.  Not so. 


The view from our balcony.  See, nice place. 

Sand fleas, or no-see-ums or whatever their official name is, are a well-known evil in Sanibel.  They come out after dusk and if you are going to be outside during the evening hours most people know to wear their bug spray.  Common knowledge.  I know this.  I’ve been going to Sanibel every year for a decade now, and yet, I disobey and always come home covered in little souvenirs.  And then I pay dearly for it, because good God, they itch!  Ugh.  Anyway, just felt the need to expand on that a little more.  I know you were losing sleep over this.

Speaking of losing sleep, I woke up at 4:45am this morning and could not go back to sleep.  I hate that, in the worst way.  I was tired, I had a good couple more hours in me, but I just could not fall asleep.  So I figured I’d just get up and go for a run around 6 once it got lighter outside.  But no, when 6am rolled around I instead decided to watch Monday’s episode of the Bachelorette.  I’m pretty dense sometimes.  Because I know about half way through the day when I am super duper tired, I am going to wish I had that natural energy that comes from my morning exercise.  Argh.


This is shaping up to be a week, huh?  

1 comment:

  1. I've been waking up about 5am and struggling to go back to sleep. It makes for some long days!
    And I still have to watch Monday's Bachelorette!

    ReplyDelete