Monday, June 29, 2015

Beachy Waves

Hello! It's another week, and thankfully, it's a short week! Thanks to the 4th falling on a Saturday, I get Friday off of work. And since I still have 3494 vacation days left this year (because apparently I never take vacation) I thought I'd make it a 4-day weekend and take Thursday off as well. We have absolutely zero plans for the 4th, so it's going to be a completely uneventful 4-day weekend.  I cannot wait! 

I am not going to be able to get out and run this week, so I have come up with a plan to do some T25 and some awesome Pinterest workouts I recently pinned to keep myself honest and on the workout wagon. I cannot lose momentum. (Even though I lost a little last week, meh) I'll let you know how that all goes. 



Can we talk about beachy waves for a minute? Every single magazine I have read in the last month or so has tips on how to create beachy waves for your hair. I don't even fully know what beachy waves are (when I'm at the beach my hair is in a bun on top of my head because it's so damn hot), but I wanted to try it. 

I bought the tools - mousse and sea salt spray, which I'm pretty sure is just water and salt, so I'm bummed I spent $4 on it - and I was ready to go. The "recipe" calls for you to air dry your hair, which is horrifying to me because my hair looks all kinds of funktified when I do that. So I followed all the directions - 1) wash hair; 2) apply mousse to damp hair; 3) spritz in sea salt spray; 4) twirl up 1 inch sections; 5) let air dry - and when you take it down and flip over your head, voila, beachy waves. 


Apparently this does not work if you have naturally wavy/curly hair (which I do). Because I ended up looking like I had a 90s spiral perm (and yes, I had a perm in the 90s, didn't you?). It was poodle-rific and all kinds of no ... just no. Not what I was going for at all. I took a picture, but it was so bad I deleted it immediately. So sorry I can't give you a visual, but it was ugly.

So back to the drawing board on beachy waves for me. Maybe if I start with dry, straightened hair it will work better? I dunno. I watched a tutorial on Lauren Conrad's website on how to do beachy waves and she did it with dried, straight hair but used a curling iron to do it - something else that horrifies me. I cannot work a curling iron to save my soul. I hank it's because I'm a lefty. We're just going to go with that as my excuse... Yeah. 

Anyway, that's all for today. Hope your Monday is going great!! 

How about you ... Beachy waves - yay or nay?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of beach waves but don't have the patience to do all the work. If I wash my hair at night and let it dry while I sleep, then I end up with a soft mix of curls and waves. My hair is slightly wavy on it's own, but the salt water might be a good trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beachy waves are really pretty. Unfortunately, my hair would never do it. When I let it air dry (very infrequently), I find that the top layer of hair is stick straight and everything underneath is curly. Bad combo because it looks like a bad perm! The only way for me to get something close to beachy waves would be to blow dry, straighten it with a straightening iron and then try use the salt water and scrunching thing. WAYYYY too much work.

    ReplyDelete