Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Randomness - Geek Out

How is it already Friday?!

I’ve been meaning to drop in and say hello all week and it just hasn’t happened.  This week flew by! 

Here’s some randomness that’s been going on this week…

- I’m super bummed, but I only got one run in this week (so far!).  Between early morning work meetings and a couple of nights where I only got a few hours of sleep (seriously, why can I not fall back asleep if I wake up in the middle of the night?!), running just did not happen.  I’m bummed too because it was my first week with the dreaded 10 minute intervals.  Ah well, that’s life, I’ll get back on track.  There’s always the weekend!

- Speaking of those 10 minute intervals…  Tuesday was my first C210K Week 6 run with a full on 10 minute running interval on the plan.  The plan called for a 5 minute walk, 10 minute run, repeated 2x with a 5 minute walking cooldown at the end.  I probably have not run a full 10 minutes without a walking break since, geez, back when I actually trained for half marathons (2008?).  Yeah, so this was a big deal.  After mastering the 8 minute intervals last week (after how many weeks?), I was ready to rumble.  And I’m happy to report it wasn’t bad!  The first 10 minute interval was much easier than the second one, but neither made me want to lay down on the sidewalk and die, so that’s good.  And actually the 5 minute walking interval in between was a little too long.  I could have done a 2 or 3 minute walk and been okay.  And actually Day 2 of Week 6 does that – 10 minute run, 3 minute walk, 10 minute run.  Unfortunately I never made it to Day 2 this week … tomorrow maybe! 

- I have started binge watching Veep. 


It’s freaking great!  Hilarious!  I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and she is so ridiculously funny in this.  And I’m happy to see Anna Chlumsky on the screen as well.  Hello, Vada Sultenfuss from My Girl (the first movie I ever cried at). 


 Are we really that old - that was 1991!?
  
- There has been no swimming this week due to weather.  ARGH!  Jillian had a really good swim on Monday, but we’ve been rained out ever since.  Here’s hoping tonight the lightning stays away! 


- Not sure if anyone saw on my Instagram (or if you follow), but Jordyn ("J") sent this earlier this week.



She has her own Barbie doll!  When you press the Barbie's necklace, Jordyn's voice comes out of the Barbie doll.  I am totally geeking out.  She got an awesome gig as the singing voice of Courtney in the new Barbie Rock n Royals movie and now she has her own action figure.  I am loving this.  You know Jillian will have a Jordyn Barbie!!  Go buy one on Amazon.  You know you want to !


- Next week I have a 3-day workweek – woop!  We have Friday off for the 4th, so I decided to make it a 4-day weekend and take Thursday off too.  Happy Independence Day to me!  

OK, that's all I've got.  Hope your Friday and your weekend are fab!!

How about you ... Any good weekend plans?  

No comments:

Post a Comment