Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Madness

IHi there! Happy Monday, a little late. I was so swamped all day today that I had no time to check in. But dinner is on the stove and I actually have a few minutes to say hi and chat about some Monday randomness. I feel like this blog just focused on the random these days ... 

Anyway... 

- So I made my triumphant return to C210K today after a little week and a half hiatus. I started back with Week 5, Day 1 where I do 5 and 6 minute running intervals. Still trying to work myself back up to the 8 minutes of running. Not gonna lie, after being away from it for more than a few days it was a little tough.  But I persevered and made it through. And felt great after (minus an icky heel blister), so yay! 

- Speaking of that icky heel blister, I got it from my new running shoes. Bah!! On the way home from Sanibel last week we stopped by the Adidas outlet in Sarasota and I got my beloved Adidas Supernova Glides. They had two versions, the exact same pair I got last year and then a newer version. I knew I should have gone with what I know because these are a tad different. Not too different but just different, not as cushiony maybe. Anyway they produced a heel blister which I'm not excited about.  Meh. 


Check out my shoes-ies. New top from the Nike outlet too. Love! 

- Over the weekend I discovered a new to me cooking show. I love cooking shows. I don't cook a ton, but I LOVE watching people on TV cook. So the other morning when I stumbled on Demaris Phillips' "Southern at Heart" show, I knew I was done channel surfing. 


She's adorable! I guess she won Food Network Star a couple seasons ago. Rightfully so, she's super fun! Anyway, on the show I saw she made homemade energy bars, which made me think of the Peanut Butter Protein bars that PB Fingers shared a few weeks back. So with both of those motivations, I made my own last night. 


Bran flakes, chia seeds, peanut butter... Individually wrapped and everything!

They are good but I wasn't a fan of the amount of cinnamon in the recipe I used, so next time I may leave that out. Good though!!

-  Yesterday we spent the morning at Magic Kingdom. Not a great idea, it's summer. It's hot and it's so crowded that it's just not enjoyable. We came home after a couple of hours, just enough time for Jillian to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets. 



We are terrible selfie takers. 

And that's all I've got! I hope your Monday was fantabulous! I'm gonna go watch The Bachelorette! 

No comments:

Post a Comment