Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Latest Stitch Fix

Howdy!  I got my latest Stitch Fix on Friday and it was not good.

As you know, my Stitch Fixes have been off and on.  Lately, they've been pretty on, but this one was just awful.  Here's the breakdown...

Bramley Back Lace Detail Knit Tank by Pixley



It was a boring, plain gray tank top in the front with some black lace around the back.  It wasn't awful, until I looked at the $58 price tag.  Um, no.  It's a gray tank!  Return.

Rosco Floral Print Crochet Detail Tank by Collective Concepts



Even though I hated the pattern and the color and the crocheted lacy back, this was a style of shirt that I tend to gravitate to.  But it was a little short in the front and the back was all gappy and I knew that I would have bra problems with it.  Return.

Evo Multi Stripe Knit Henley by Pixley


Umm, it's summer in Florida.  Just looking at this shirt made me sweat.  Sleeves in June?  Um, no.  Return.  Cute colors though.

Alina Mixed Geo Print Maxi Skirt by Gilli 


I really wish I could be one of those people who could wear maxi skirts on a random day.  But I just can't.  I always have a shirt challenge with skirts like this - what do you wear on top?!  Pass.  Return.

At this point I was like "darn it, I am going to lose my $20 styling fee because there is nothing here that I want to buy."  And then I pulled out this.

Rowan Hammered Infinity Cuff by Zad 


I have been wanting to buy a yellow gold bracelet for a while now and this one was just perfect!  Exactly what I was looking for.  And it was only $28, which meant that it was really only $8 after the styling fee.  SCORE!  Keep!  (and yes, I know, it wasn't really $8, it was $28, but that's how I justify it in my little head)

I left a bunch of notes for my stylist for next time, so hopefully my next Fix will be better.  I am also trying to get out of the monthly Fixes because they were getting expensive.  I don't normally spent around $100 a month on clothes, and I was doing that with Stitch Fix.  Oopsie.

Stephanie, to answer your question that you sent in a while back (sorry it has taken me so long to respond!), I typically spend around $80-$100 each time I buy items from a Fix.  And that's normally for 2 items.  It's not cheap, but it's convenient and I end up with things that I would either not pick for myself if I was shopping in a store, or things that I would probably have to go to 20 different stores to find.  So for that, I really like it.  Now I just need to cut back on the frequency!  

That's all I have to say about that...

How about you ... Do you do Stitch Fix?

No comments:

Post a Comment