Thursday, August 13, 2015

Just a Little Motivation

Before this morning, I hadn’t run all week.  Oopsie.  My 5K is just a couple of days away, so I went to bed last night bullying myself into getting up and getting out this morning.  Because, hello, I need to at least run once before Saturday

This week has been a weird week.  Having a day off at the beginning of the week, although it’s nice, just seems to create chaos for the rest of the week.  I have been off a day all week (is it Thursday or Friday or Wednesday?!) and my work inbox is just … I can’t.  All of this weirdness just made me want to sleep in, or get up and immediately start working to get some things done, so the running has just not happened.

This is totally typical of me to just wing a race.  I mean it’s not like I’m going for a PR or have any expectations or anything, but I would at least like to set a small goal for myself and see it through.  The goal I set for myself for this race was to just survive.  Ha, no just kidding, my goal is to successfully do 5/2 intervals for the entire race.  Can I do it?  Ehhhh, maybe?  Today’s run didn’t really make me feel super confident in that, but I have been known to pull out some magical stuff during races and really surprising myself, so we’ll see.

When my alarm went off this morning I was like “uhh, no” and hit snooze multiple times.  By the third time I had made up my mind that, nope, I wasn’t running today.  But then when I went to hit the snooze button for the fourth time, I saw a pop up on my phone from my 10K runner app that said ...


Well damn.  After seeing that I knew I had to get up and go.  So I did.  Kind of amazing what a little tiny bit of motivation will do.  And ya know what, I did thank myself for it because it felt good to get out and be active after a week of inactivity.  

So there ya go.  I got up, I ran.  Am I ready for Saturday?  Nope.  But maybe I will do this again tomorrow and magically something amazing will happen on Saturday.  Let’s see!


How about you … Do you run?  Did you get up and workout today?

No comments:

Post a Comment