Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Making Me Smile

As I mentioned yesterday, we spent a majority of the weekend in potty training solitary. But we did sneak out for a Disney dinner on Saturday night and church on Sunday. Here are some things that kept me happy and made me smile this weekend... 

This girl. 

               

She makes my heart swell with love every single day. It amazes me that she is mine. She's so smart, funny, adorable, amazing that I just stare at her sometimes and wonder what I did to be so lucky. Sure she may not listen all the time and she may poop on the floor a few more times before we get this whole potty training thing down pat, but she makes my heart explode with love every single day. 

Being home with family. 

            

Our potty training couldn't have come at a better time. I was gone most of the week in Connecticut, so coming home on Friday night and spending uninterrupted time with Hubs and Jillian was just perfect after a long week away. 

New music. 

             
tobyMac released his new album "This is Not a Test" on Friday (when did they change the new music release day from Tuesday to Friday?). I downloaded it as soon as I woke up on Friday morning. Why? Because I knew I had an entire plane ride to listen to it over and over again. His music makes my heart happy. I cannot wait to see him in concert next month at Night of Joy.  Woohoo!

Buffalo. 

The picture doesn't do it justice.

I ate buffalo this weekend. Wha?! Yeah me, Ms. I Have the Palette of a 12-Year Old. We had dinner at the schmancy Artist Point restaurant at Wilderness Lodge this past weekend and it was uber fancy and amazing. Artist Point is a gorgeous restaurant overlooking the water and the faux Old Faithful, you really felt like you were in a lodge in the wilderness.


Anyway, the menu had all sorts of fare on it from steak to fish to buffalo, and I was intrigued by the buffalo so I decided to give it a try. Why not, right? Delicious! Wow. It was like the most tender steak you've ever had. Yum. 

My new 5K playlist. 


My long plane ride on Friday night gave me some good one on one time with my iPod. I loooove music and I have been neglecting my iPod library lately in favor of listening to new stuff on Spotify. So during my plane ride home I got reacquainted with my iPod library, and man, there are some gems on there! So I took the time and carefully made my playlist for my upcoming 5K. So fun!  And the image above only captures a small smidgeon of the greatness that is my playlist.  I'll try and post the full thing later on.

Semi-Homemade Banana Pudding.


Yummy. I wanted to make something yummy for dessert on Sunday night so I whipped up a recipe I found on the side of a box of Jello Banana Creme flavored pudding and it was magnificent. OMG. Here's how to make it.

Ingredients:

1 box Jello Banana Creme instant pudding
2 cups of cold milk 
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
3 bananas 
Nilla wafers

Instructions:

1) Prepare pudding as directed on box
2) Let pudding sit for 5 minutes, then fold in Cool Whip
3) Layer Nillas, pudding, bananas, pudding, Nillas, pudding, bananas...etc.
4) Top with Nillas (I actually crumbled mine)
5) Eat it all!

You're welcome!

How about you ... What is making you smile today?

1 comment:

  1. Meet your teacher day is making me smile! I am ready for back to school.
    Love the Banana Bread Pudding!
    And good luck with the rest of potty training.

    ReplyDelete