Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Stitch Fix Review

I had fun filled afternoon last Wednesday.  I had a hair appointment and got my roots (and grays) taken care of, and then I came home and saw that I had a Stitch Fix box waiting for me!  Oh happy day!  And it was a good one too.  Here is the breakdown...

Laila Jayde Stratford Knit Top


This reminded me of a maternity top.  Wasn’t crazy about the style or the fit, but I did like the colors. Return.

Collective Concepts Salas Split Neck Blouse


As soon as I pulled this out of the box I knew I was going to keep it.  I’m into navy lately so this was right up my alley.  I paired it with light khakis and it was love.  Keep!

Market & Spruce Persia Geo Print Max Dress


I really liked this dress and it fit like a glove.  It wasn’t big and tent-y like most maxis, it was fitted and I liked it.  BUT, it was $78 and it looked like something I could find at Marshall’s for half that, so I had to say no, unfortunately.  Return.

41Hawthorn Carmelita Crew Neck Blouse


I loved the look of this shirt!  It was tailored and had polka dots on it.  Unfortunately it didn’t fit right.  The top and arm holes were way too big.  And the bottom part around my waist was too snug.  


Bah!  Return

Margaret M Christiana Pencil Skirt




I am not a pencil skirt kind of girl.  Or at least I didn’t think I was.  I’m curvy and the thought of a tight skirt just doesn’t seem appealing to me.  However, when I put it on I quickly realized why pencil skirts are “a thing.”  WOW!  It was just awesomeness.  My problem though - I never know what tops to pair with skirts.  So I went through my closet and found a couple of options and decided I had to have it.  Then I looked at the price tag - $78.  Holy geez!  But...it fit perfectly, I made an outfit out of it and it’s perfect for my trip up to Connecticut next week, so I splurged and kept it.  Because seriously, it was true love.

And that’s it!  So much fun.  Love Stitch Fix!!

1 comment:

  1. I keep most of the pants that Stitch Fix sends me because they fit so well. Most have a price tag of $78-$88, but they fit perfectly and I'm willing to splurge on a great fitting pair of pants. I know you hate the stripe top, but I think its cute. I really love the navy blue checked one and the skirt.
    My last Fix was meh! The skinny jeans were tight in all the wrong places (runners thigh), and the tops were prints that I'd never wear. The maxi skirt was cute, but I never wear maxi skirts or dresses. Just not my style. So all of it went back except for a really cute blue and black sweater.
    The one before that I kept everything!!

    ReplyDelete