Thursday, September 24, 2015

Just Do the Work Already

So I mentioned the other day that I’ve been super lame and haven’t been running or exercising or eating right or doing anything I should be doing health-wise.  


Bad bad bad.

Before my trip to Hartford/Boston I was on point with my running.  I finally found my groove with the intervals (3/2 is where it’s at, for now), and I was training for my next 5K in the Track Shack Fanatic Series.  


Me, back when I was more motivated.  Like a month ago.

Then vacation happened, and although I walked the distance of two half marathons during that trip ... or a marathon if you want to think about it that way (my brain doesn’t actually comprehend the word “marathon” so...) I haven’t done a lick of exercise since then.  Like not even a push up.  Or a crunch. Or a lunge.  Like, nothing.  And I’ve been pretty okay with that.  I weighed myself this week and I haven’t gained a pound, which was baffling, but I just feel bleh.

I realize I am being super stupid and know that if I continue to be lazy its going to be so very hard to get back into a groove.  That, and I have a 5 miler in October that I’d rather not die at.  It’s at my alma mater, that would just be embarrassing.


U Can’t Finish was the (joke) slogan for my school (UCF) back in the day.  I’m not sure why, I finished in four years.  But I like how they are playing on this for the race.

So what am I going to do about it?  Well, my plan was to get my ass up on Monday morning and get outside and put one foot in front of the other in a semi-running motion.  But that didn’t happen.  It was so dark out at 6:30.  Why is it so dark in the mornings all of the sudden?  I hate when the time is about to change, it messes me up.  

But I did get up and I did get a small workout in.  I did Heather’s Bodyweight Workout (I love this workout so much), my WWE arms routine and a quickie Pilates routine.  About 30 minutes.  And ya know what, I’m feeling it.  That’s how long it’s been since I worked anything out.  It felt good, but I felt like I was missing my cardio.  Cardio always makes me feel like I worked out, without I feel like I half assed it.  I know that’s not true and that any workout is better than no workout, but still.  

So tomorrow I am going to try again to get outside and brave the darkness and go for a run.  Or maybe I’ll actually go to my gym.  I haven’t been there in ... just don’t ask.  But I’m going to do it and I’m going to get back on track.  I have to.

Saw this on Shaun T’s Instagram the other night and it sang to me.


Yes, yes, yes.  I need to PLAN and stick with it.  Schedule workouts like you schedule work meetings. I would never skip a work meeting, so why is it okay to skip a workout?  Dur.  I’m really smarter than this, I am!

DO THE WORK KERRY!


OK I’m done.

How about you ... How do you motivate yourself to work out?


No comments:

Post a Comment