Thursday, October 8, 2015

Just a Thought...

This week has been crazy at work.  I’m on a new project that is important, has high visibility, and I’m in charge of it.  (What are they thinking leaving me in charge!?) 

As I was building out a super detailed project plan the other day, and listening to upbeat workout music (this is how I get creative at work – it works for me), I started to think about the fact that my exercise life is in shambles.  I haven’t done a thing lately.  I set my alarm and set out my clothes the night before with good intentions to get up and workout, but it’s just not happening. 

While working on my project plan, I realized that I need to do a detailed project plan on myself!  With work you creative objectives and goals and set timeframes and you get things done.  Why can’t I do this for myself?  Set an objective for what I want to achieve (a better, more consistent workout regimen), create guidelines for workouts (how many days a week, when, where, what) and then executing.  I can do this.  I’m a great project manager, so why not project manage myself?  Like work, my health and my fitness should be a priority and not an afterthought, so why not attack it like work?


Amen.


Good idea, right?  Just a thought…  

No comments:

Post a Comment