Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Fun Thanksgiving Survey

Hello! It's been a busy couple of days. We have been having a blast at my parents house in Clearwater since Monday. The weather was perfect yesterday so we hit up the children's zoo for the afternoon. 


I found this fun lil Thanksgiving survey on PB Fingers this morning so I thought I'd do it as well. Enjoy! 

Favorite Thanksgiving food? 
My mom's stuffing makes Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. Without it, it's just not Thanksgiving. 

What is one of your favorite Thanksgiving memories? 
My favorite part of every Thanksgiving is my dad and me helping mom build the stuffing. We are her official taste testers and tell her to add more spice or poultry seasoning or whatever. It's a delicious process!! 

Do you go to a movie on Thanksgiving? 
No. 

Any Thanksgiving foods that you do not like? 
Not a fan of cranberry sauce. 

How do you feel about stores opening up on Thanksgiving day? 
I have never been a Black Friday shopper, but I feel like they have ruined the fun of Black Friday by opening on Thanksgiving. The thought of going shopping on Thanksgiving, or getting up at the crack of dawn to stand in line to shop isn't appealing to me. There is nothing I need to buy that bad. 

Do you hit up stores on Thursday/Black Friday, or do you avoid them like the plague? 
We might go out in the middle of the day on Friday to see if there are any sales, but it's not a ritual. 

Do you typically run a race or go for a run on Thanksgiving morning? 
Yes. We have been running The Times Turkey Troy in Clearwater on and off since I was in high school. I love running the Turkey Trot because it makes me feel good to start the day, which is mostly spent sitting around and eating, with a little activity. 

Do you prefer a big get together for Thanksgiving, or keep it small? 
We keep it fairly small every year - my parents, my in laws and us. 

What are you in charge of to make this Thanksgiving? Or are you hosting the whole meal? 
This year I am in charge of desserts. I made my mom's famous pound cake yesterday. And tomorrow I will be trying a new recipe - Ohana's bread pudding with bananas foster sauce. Oooooh! Never made it before, so we will see how it goes. 

What time do you typically eat Thanksgiving dinner? 
Usually around 3. 

That's it!! I hope you have a super Thanksgiving!!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Love the survey. So, here are my answers:
    Favorite Thanksgiving food....Stuffing (my mom's) and the turkey
    Favorite memory: Helping mom in the kitchen with cornbread, stuffing, mashed potatoes and candied sweet potatoes. And the fun conversations around the table. Can't beat that!!
    Movies on Thanksgiving: NO. It's all about the food, family and football
    Foods I don't like: cranberry sauce. But, cranberry relish is good. It's made with cranberries, orange, walnuts and a little sugar.
    Stores open on Thanksgiving: NO. Takes away from the day.
    Black Friday shopping: Not until Lizzy turned 13. We've done the midnight shopping thing the last couple of years at the mall, with her friends. It's not crazy and the mall hires a DJ to play music so it's like a club without the alcohol and a lot of the kids hang by the DJ and talk and dance. We never make it past a couple of hours.
    Thanksgiving day race: No race but every year we do the Thanksgiving day workout at the karate studio. It's always a little running, situps, pushups, hitting a bag, etc. Good exercise before the eating starts.
    Size of get together: Small. We always spend it as a family. Our lives are so crazy most of the year that it's nice just to hang out together.
    Meal: Hosting the whole thing since it's just us. However, Lizzy is making the mashed potatoes, and the apple pie. The turkey will be done on the grill. Daniel will help me finish the stuffing and make the veggies.
    Time to eat: Usually around 3.

    With all of that....hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Get ready for the food coma tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete